HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Thanks @TommySharp. It might be worth looking for some larger tablets, especially for wall placement. I have Nexus 7 (not mounted) and while it larger than the phone it is not as roomy as some 10" screenshots other people posted. Just a suggestion :slightly_smiling:

Yeah the Nexus 9 would be super cool! Though with so much real estate it would be begging for charts :wink:

Iā€™ve bought a Nexus 7 (2012) on ebay for 50 Euro and wall mounted it. Indeed there could be more space for widgets, but I didnā€™t want to have a 10" monster on the wall. Since the display has 1280x800 its ok for several widgets.
Also Rotinis slide left/right feature to move to the next tab is neat. So I dont have any concerns about too less space on the screen.
BR

1 Like

Hi, why does the app need access to the microphone?

It is for voice commands

Release 0.3.28
Release Notes

PIN secured sitemaps and widgets

1 Like

Hello

Any plans for adapting your sonos music player to work with the openhab Denon binding?

What is missing is that the denon binding do not have a play pause setting since it is only an receiver. However it could be adapted to work with a Favorite setting instead.

This could maybe work
Switch item=DenonCommand label=" " icon="favorite" mappings=[ZMFAVORITE1="Fav 1", ZMFAVORITE2="Fav 2", ZMFAVORITE3="Fav 3"]

Thank you again.

I was also going to ask if some Squeezebox integration was on the roadmap for us poor people without sonos speakers :grinning:

I will check out the Denon binding.
Btw, music widget wasnā€™t intended for Sonos directly (I donā€™t even have Sonos system :slight_smile: ), it is just naturally a good example for music player.

What is the issue with using Squeezebox with current music widget? I looked at it a bit, and it seems to have correct data.

Haha, the example had sonos stuff so I just assumed you had to have a sonos speakerā€¦ Will try set it up for my squeezebox speakers!

I am using music widget with my squeezeboxes. All works well.

1 Like

@marklavercombe
Awesome, could I be lazy and ask to see what it looks like in your sitemap???

Okay Iā€™ve got it sort of working but am finding that if I pause/play the music via some other means then the state in Rotini is not up dated. Iā€™m guessing this is related to a few mentions of items not being updated properly in Rotini with OpenHAB 1.x?

@igor

Hi Igor, this widget below for my garage door used to work until I upgraded last night. I get an Invalid Config error saying the state of ā€œCLOSEDā€ is not valid.

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re doing some changes on this widget?

Frame label=ā€œGarage 1 {widget:garage-door}ā€ {
Switch item=Contact_B_GarageDoor1
}

FYI - This is still an issue on my HTC M7 - the widget state/text is partially cut off at the bottom.

@TommySharp I responded in github

Iā€™ve got it setup to control one of my squeezeboxes and it sort of worksā€¦ The first issue I notice is that if I press PLAY in Rotini then the music starts playing. If I then stop the music using the squeezebox controller then the status is not updated in Rotiniā€¦ Iā€™ll have to have a bit more of a play around.

@igor
Does the background image option refresh after a certain time?
Iā€™m trying to see if I can have a dynamic background based on the current CommonID of the weather binding in OpenHAB.
Iā€™ve actually got a String item updating nicely with a URL to the appropriate image but I thought Iā€™d just check to see how often Rotini might check to see if the background has changedā€¦

So cool! I now have dynamcc backdrops showing based on the current weatherā€¦ Both in Landscape and Portraitā€¦

So now I need to waste a few hours gathering some images for all the different weather conditions :slight_smile: Itā€™s working for ā€œsunnyā€ and ā€œclearā€ at the moment.

These are my OpenHAB itemsā€¦

String   WTH_CommonId         "Common id [%s]"      (Weather){weather="locationId=home, type=condition, property=commonId"}
String   WTH_CommonIdImageURL1    "Common id [%s]"     (Weather)
String   WTH_CommonIdImageURL2    "Common id [%s]"    (Weather)

The WTH_CommonId is updated by the weather binding.

Then I have this in my rulesā€¦

rule ā€œGenerate image URL for latest weather conditionā€
when
Item WTH_CommonId changed
then
postUpdate(WTH_CommonIdImageURL1, ā€œhttp://192.168.1.90:8080/images/weather/ā€ + (ā€œā€ + WTH_CommonId.state) + ā€œ_landscape.jpgā€)
postUpdate(WTH_CommonIdImageURL2, ā€œhttp://192.168.1.90:8080/images/weather/ā€ + (ā€œā€ + WTH_CommonId.state) + ā€œ_portrait.jpgā€)
end

On my OpenHAB server I have a ā€œweatherā€ folder with the images.

And then this is at the top of my sitemapā€¦

Text item=WTH_CommonIdImageURL1 label=ā€œ{item:backdrop-landscape}ā€
Text item=WTH_CommonIdImageURL2 label=ā€œ{item:backdrop-portrait}ā€

I probably still need to work out if the sitemap backdrop will refresh in the Rotini app after x amount of timeā€¦ Hopefully it does!

UPDATE Dohā€¦ the weather has just changed to partly cloudy and the weather widget is showing the new icon for partly cloudy but my backdrop did not changeā€¦ Changed my phone to portrait and then it grabbed the latest backdropā€¦ Will have to see if @igor can work in some sort of backdrop refresh if the dynamic URL changesā€¦

4 Likes

That is very cool Tommy!

+1 @TommySharp , and thanks for sharing!