HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

No, default dpi is 640.

My dpi is lower i think? I wanted to see much more things - on factory dpi i got to big icons on android home screen - so i changed dpi to get much more icons on one screen. Maybe dpi is set to somewhre in the near of 520 now? I can´t say it exactly, because on note4 without root it´s not so easy to change dpi - only with adb comands.

Definettely interested. Amazing work man, keep up!

@Kevin_Garcia_KVN Thanks, enjoy!

@halloween I will run some tests for those dpi

Version 0.6.46
Release Notes

New:
Scene widget
• Support for alternative remote server access (re-configure server in Settings) #44
• 7 new icons (also, memory icon has been updated)

Improvements:
• Support for PIN and 2x2 size in Mode widget #81
• Ability to set an icon to any mode in Mode widget
• All PIN secured widgets will have 10 second interval to change a state without asking for a pin again
• Support for satellite, hybrid, and terrain maps in Map Advanced widget #31
• Network connectivity notification and auto-reload on reconnect

3 Likes

This is rapidly becoming a most excellent interface Igor - thank you very much and keep up the fantastic work!!

Nice @igor!!!

My dashboard is gradually coming together :slight_smile:

Also confirming that the new scene widget is pretty cool!

I currently have “this” on my OpenHAB classic UI and have tried to translate it into a Rotini widget.

I’m thinking the “scene” widget could almost give you a remote control with a few buttons to control anything. The issue would be the millions of different icons people would want I guess. The widget above actually works quite nicely, I’ll just have to sit tight and see if any more appropriate icons show up :slight_smile:

Maybe someone can comment on my use case and if I should be doing it a different way? I know there is the music widget but the scene widget seems to be more flexible for those not specifically “music” related controls.

It does feel slightly off to me because scene widget is kind of a single state of something, not multiple independent states or buttons. So whatever items back this would switch states when you for example select vol+, from previous state, let’s say preset 1.
Why do you think your case is not related to “music” controls, it seems like most of the items are available in music widget, with exception of presets.

I suspect that it’s just the “Presets” that are not currently catered for in the music widget.

I suppose I’m seeing the potential of the scene widget to be used as a single widget with multiple buttons that can fire off various actions. Maybe it’s a bit of a hack but it does seem quite flexible and just the icons would cause issues really.

I’ll second that :smiley:
Thanks Igor!

1 Like

The new Scene widget is awsome, but I still believe that sieloading icons would save you much of a headache in creating tons of icons.

Here’s my use case for scene widget.
I have a selection for all my rollershutters on one level (e.g. ground floor). With the selection I can set 4 different levels for the rollershutters. Namely: Open, shade, evening, closed.

my scene config now looks like:

Frame label=" EG Rolläden {widget:scene}" {
        Selection item=og_rollaeden mappings=[
        0="Auf {icon:garage}",
        1="Schatten {icon:garage}",
        2="Abend {icon:garage}",
        3="Zu {icon:garage}"
        ]
    }

Rotini, looks like:

As you can see more icons for the levels of the rollershutters would be great.
I could imagine tons of other use-cases where the status of an item needs to be reflected on the icon. e.g. volume, brightness, levels, etc.

Thanks

Hello!

Since I’ve posted a feature request on G+ wanting PIN security for a mode widget, I just wanted to say that new scene widget is much better solution for arming/disarming and choosing alarm modes than mode widget. It looks and works great. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Davor

Has anyone successfully used the new scene-widget with Switch-items and not a Selection-item? Using this config:

Frame label="Light config {widget:scene}" { Switch item=moody_scene label="{icon:candle}" Switch item=bright_scene label="{icon:light}" Switch item=tv_scene label="{icon:tv}" }

I get an error message saying “Invalid configuration: At least 2 scenes are required”

Let me check on this. Might be a regression bug.

Same here. I like the arm/disarm security widget from Igors screenshots, but wasnt able to properly configure it. Same error message as youre’s. And I only have a single switch item, not three.

It wouldn’t work with single switch though, 2 is the minimum.

Ahh, good to know. Wasnt aware about that as your security sample also only contains a single selection with only two states.

Secondly, I didnt fully understand the “protected:true” feature. Whats the idea of that setting? I think I was only able to switch the item into one direction but not the other.
Thanks for your help.

It supports either selection item with 2-5 mappings or 2-5 separate switch items, only one will ON at any point in time.

Protected is a “delay” in state change so user can cancel if needed, it is there if you would want to avoid accidental changes, it doesn’t prevent it, just makes it a bit “protected”

Can you provide your config for underlying items that used for that widget, as well as what version of the app you have installed. Thanks