HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Yes, there is a bug. Working on the fix.

New bug fix version should prevent most of the crashes related to OH2 usage and MJPEG streams. There is no proper fix yet, so this is just temporary solution, until better fix is available.

New version is working great; no more crashes for mjpg streams. Thanks @igor!

Hi,

I have a Gauge Group with two Watt values. Is there a possibility to display the labels over/under the displayed value so that I know which is what?

Also, it shows only 9999+ for large values. The unit is kWh, but the mWh is unit is missing, so I can not divide it.
Can you please display larger values and/or add the megawatthours to the units?
Thanks!

Version 0.14
Release Notes

Note
button-on and button-off widgets are discontinued and will be removed in the future

Improvements:
• Screensaver can now be adjusted to minimize screen burn-in
• Improved Button widget with icon and custom command support #84
• Simplified icon configuration for widgets and items (e.g. {icon:fan})

Fixes:
• Clock screensaver date format is not localized bug report
• Day labels are not updated in Weather Forecast widget through midnight #122

1 Like

Great stuff, as always, @igor!

Any news on when we can expect a thermostat widget in Rotini? It’s quite a necessity in a home automation front-end, I think.

3 Likes

Can we provide you some help to debug the buggy gps location?

On my samsung galaxy note 4 (5.1.1) it is not working. I don´t get anything reported.

Yes, there will be more information available in the future in the app to get a better idea for problematic cases.

Release 0.15
Release Notes

New:
• Help section that contains information about the app and various diagnostics (more will be added later)

1 Like

Release 0.16
Release Notes

New:
• 66 new icons
• List of icons in Help section

Fixes:
• Tasker plugin is stuck in loading state #152

Hi, igor!

I’m following this thread since its beginning. Although I prefer to have only open (which does not mean “free”) solutions in my home that I can fully trust and modify (which ultimately led me to openHAB at all), I’d like to play with your very interesting app. A couple of weeks ago, i sent a join request to your g+ group. Which other step is needed to join the beta program?

Thanks again for your fruitful and active work!

(The introduction of this post was written to express my sincere hope that there might be an option at some day to obtain the source code of it and get it to a state where collaboration is done and openHAB in general can be improved. Be it by a fundraiser campaign, following the Blender way (“After having sold x copies or earned y dollars, I’ll open the source code”) or some other ways. I would participate.)

Please follow steps from the wiki: Home · igorgladkov/rotini Wiki · GitHub
Let me know if you have any issues with setup.

Also, I prefer not to comment at this point on the other things from your post, until actual decision has been made on the future of the project in post-beta.

Yes, I know it is a pain-point for quite a few users. At this point, all I can say that it is unlikely to be released within next 3 weeks.

Thanks for the link. OK, it appears I still just have to wait for approval of my join request. I’ll do. :wink:

Hi @igor

One other small issue I’ve been experiencing for the last few weeks is that on a Nexus 7 (2012), image items stop refreshing after a few hours. All other openHAB state updates continue to work fine even when the image refresh stops.

Image refresh can be restarted by either changing sitemaps and reverting back to original or just by going to settings in Rotini and backing out of the settings. The issue is there with both stock rom and with running cyanogenmod, which would indicate that it is not dependent on the OS. I don’t think it is a wifi issue either as (a) the tablet is right next to a wifi router and (b) other openHAB device state changes continue to come through.

Finally, the same images continue to refresh correctly on other devices (Samsung Galaxy S4 and S3), even when frozen on the Nexus.

Anyway, not a major issue but thought I’d bring it to your attention in case there was something that could be done.

Many thanks.

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear that it is planned!

What I am doing at the moment is using the light dimmer as a temperature setpoint, but there are issues with this. As far as I am aware, it’s not possible to set min and max limits to the dimmer and the unit is locked to percent. Adding that functionality might also make the widget a lot more flexible!

I don’t see any pending requests. Can you sent me a direct message with your G+ email, so I can invite you directly.

Release 0.17
Release Notes

New

• Connection status information in Help section
• Megawatt-hour and gigawatt-hour units

Improvements

• Support for 3x1 size in Weather Advanced widget #126

Fixes

Scene widget icons displayed in wrong order #151
Weather Forecast widget does not size automatically based on number of configured items

Haha yikes, who asked for gigawatts :grinning:
Keep up the awesome work Igor, my tablet on the wall running Rotini is a great conversation item when people come round!

I think it was Dr. Brown :slight_smile: