HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Thanks to everyone who submitted crash reports! Comments on the reports were also helpful.

In the next bug-fix version, crashes related to mjpeg streams and while in background should be fixed. This has been significant change in that code, so please report anything out of ordinary that could be related.

Also, crash during setup when accepting untrusted certificated also fixed.

1 Like

I get many messages from my samsung phone, that rotini is slowing down the system and that there are many crashes (70 in 1 week) - i often get massage “rotini was closed” - i don´t know how i can read out log files or crash report from my phone.

But most time rotini is working without a problem.

Is there a chance to set a widget to be “read-only”?

I would like to show the status of a group of contact-sensors by a scene. Looks pretty nice, but the user is able to click on it which does not make sense…

Here is the snippit:

Frame label="Verschluss {widget:scene}" {
		Selection item=Verschluss mappings=[
			CLOSED="Verschlossen {icon:lock}",
			OPEN="Offen! {icon:unlock}"
		]
	}

The item is a group like this:
Group:Contact:AND(CLOSED, OPEN) Verschluss

I guess a general property like we have already with “protected” that is called “readonly” would be even nice for other widgets/situations.

Hi @igor

Just to let you know that the mjpeg is now working in OH2 after Kai’s last update. One small thing I noticed is that the camera widget does not seem to accept a 5x3 size (I get an invalid size error message). From the wiki, I thought that camera widgets could be any size?

Any from the list of supported sizes

Ah ok, I had missed that.

Hi @igor

I got started late but got everything running the last few days and had been having trouble with camera widget mjpeg stream until I saw bug issues. You had mentioned these are going to be addressed on the next update but some users are saying their was fixed…I cannot run a mjpeg stream without crash and I’m on latest 0.17.89…is there still a bugfix in the works?

Also I’m a definite +1 for thermostat widget.

Excellent openhab UI solution and I’m so excited to see where it goes!

Adam, there shouldn’t be widespread mjpeg stream bugs in the latest version, so can me more info about your OS and what mjpeg stream it is? Also, when you get a crash please submit crash report with your username, so I can track it.

Ok, trying to figure out the best way to grab the log/crash report from android, should I inspect openhab log as well?..not very familiar with androidOS. I picked up a cheap 7" Digiland running 5.1…openHAB running on an intelNUC with ubuntu 14.04 64bit

widget:

}
Frame label="Front Porch {widget:camera}" {
  Video url="http://xxxxx:xxxxx@192.168.xxx.xxx/Streaming/channels/1/preview" encoding="mjpeg"
}

It will run sometimes for a few seconds, other times not.

Managed to grab a quick shot before crash, also takes a while to load which could be for several reasons.

When the app crashes you should get a dialog usually that has “report” button on it. Do you see that?

Yes, I sent it just now, i had always thought that went to google. I included system logs. Thanks.

Got the report. Can you try updating to 0.17.90 version, that crash should have just fixed but mjpeg stream might still not work. Let me know if that’s the case, I will investigate further.

Fantastic @igor Been running smooth for hours now. Much appreciated! Very excited to keep working on my setup!

Glad it works. Enjoy.

Release 0.18
Release Notes

New

Room View widget

Improvements

• Custom order, custom icons and generic switch/sensor items for Room widget

5 Likes

This looks fantastic, hope I can try it out (just sent a join request). :slight_smile:

Request has been approved. Enjoy

1 Like

@igor

incredible work! all i can say…

1 Like

Release 0.19
Release Notes

New

• 45 new icons
• Steps measurement unit

1 Like

Just sent a request. Really keen to try this on my system!