HomeKit notifications available?

Hi

Does the openHAB HomeKit addon support iPhone notifications or are notifications only available for dedicated HomeKit accessories? None of my in openHAB configured items shows the “Allow Notifications” setting in the iPhone Home App.

Thanks, Markus

I believe only certain items allow notifications. In my setup the following allow notifications:

• Garage door
  • Window covering
  • Motion detectors
  • Smoke detectors

Things like switches, outlets, lights, thermostats, and fans do not allow notifications.

Thanks for your feedback. I will test my motion detector.

I have configured my motion detector for home kit, but still no notification available. I guess because of the [“Switchable”] item configuration. What do I have to configure here within openhab items file?

Switch MOTION  "Motion Detection" <motion> (gSwitch) ["Switchable"] {channel="homematic:xyz:1#MOTION"}

Unfortunately the openHAB homekit binding is quite limited- it only runs dimmers, switches, and thermostats.

I’m currently in the process of moving my homekit setup to node-red which supports all of the homekit hardware types. Here are a couple of threads that have helped me put things together- I’m very happy with the results.

1 Like