HomeKit: support for additional accessory types

I had similar issues when Item IDs where duplicated. So check if you defined two or more items with the same id.

iĀ“ve double checked this - no duplicates. I defined the blinds like this:

Rollershutter rollo_ost_wohnen_links ā€œRollo Wohnen Ost links [%d %%]ā€ (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [ā€œBlindsā€] {channel=ā€œknx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_ost_wohnen_linksā€}

Rollershutter rollo_ost_wohnen_rechts ā€œRollo Wohnen Ost rechts [%d %%]ā€ (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [ā€œBlindsā€] {channel=ā€œknx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_ost_wohnen_rechtsā€}

Rollershutter rollo_sued_wohnen_schmal ā€œRollo Wohnen SĆ¼d links [%d %%]ā€ (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [ā€œBlindsā€] {channel=ā€œknx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_sued_wohnen_schmalā€}

Rollershutter rollo_sued_wohnen_gross ā€œRollo Wohnen SĆ¼d rechts [%d %%]ā€ (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [ā€œBlindsā€] {channel=ā€œknx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_sued_wohnen_grossā€}

Rollershutter rollo_west_wohnen_links ā€œRollo Wohnen West links [%d %%]ā€ (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [ā€œBlindsā€] {channel=ā€œknx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_west_wohnen_linksā€}

Rollershutter rollo_west_wohnen_rechts ā€œRollo Wohnen West rechts [%d %%]ā€ (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [ā€œBlindsā€] {channel=ā€œknx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_west_wohnen_rechtsā€}

ok, iĀ“ve been testing a lot of scenarios regarding this topics and find this out ( depending rollershutter ):

My thing consits up to 11 types. All rollershutters. when iĀ“m limiting the number of rollershutters down to 5 it will work.
that means, that all devices are always online. Even when iĀ“m closing the homekit App and start again.
as soon as iĀ“m raising the nummer of rollershutters over 5, it will break. that means, that all items ( rollershutters, lights etc. ) are getting the state ā€œrefreshingā€. in this case they are all unusable.

is it possible, that ( in case of rollershutters ) the number of types is limited?
or rather, is there something, what you especially have to do, when you define a blinds-actor.
( my definition is e.g.:
Thing device hager_rollo ā€œRolloaktorā€ @ ā€œKNXā€ [
address=ā€œ0.2.2ā€,
fetch=true,
autoupdate=false,
pingInterval=300,
readInterval=3600
] {
/* types go here */
}

can somebody confirm this behaviour?

I have more than 5 rollershutters and no special config. So canā€™t confirm :wink:

strangeā€¦ any ideas what this behaviour can be influenced by

I have the same problem. I have 8 roller shutters and the last 2 are not connected in HomeKit.

maybe we could compare the things, items - definition to find out, whats the difference
My setup is OH2.3 with homekit integration 2.3.0 (org.openhab.io.homekit-2.3.0.jar)
@maihacke how do you setup your rollershutters?

II use node-red to interface with homekit
But homekit updates are dead?

Using openhab 2.3 with ā€œmyā€ homekit jar

Example for Item definition

Rollershutter Shutter_EG_Wohnen_Schiebetuer	    "Wohnen Terrasse [MAP(shutter.scale):%s]"	<sofa>  	(Shutters, Shutters_EG, Shutters_Sued, Shutters_Wohnen_Schiebetuer)    ["Blinds"] {channel="zwave:device:f057dadd:node5:blinds_control"}

The modified version with blinds to me worked, protocol Openwebnet 2.x, but too many problems and too many things not managed ā€¦ in the end I changed, I suggest you to change too.

@gozilla01
Thanks,
what exactly have you changed?

Hallo @maihacke
In my addons-folder there is this file located at the moment.
org.openhab.io.homekit-2.3.0.jar
Should i leave it there or replace it with ā€œyourā€ file?

I do not know if you know him, Iā€™ve just started.
Iā€™m making changes to the flow for integrated node-red with Openhab to manage Home apps (Lights, Blinds, Door, etc ā€¦)
I did a lot of testing and a lot of time with Openhabā€™s Homekit binding, too many problems and lack of accessories.
Above all there is no news on future updates, it seems a dead binding, I hope to be wrongā€¦

1 Like

For the blinds I used this link

Why not. Give it a try and replace with my version.

Otherwise enabling debug log could be helpful. Maybe you can compare what happens when itā€˜s working and when not.

Ok, this is the .jar-file i also use at the Moment

Still the same for me.

I hope that the HomekitBinding has a future like the Hue-Binding, that has now support for the sensors :+1: :metal:

Meanwhile iā€™m very impressed of node-red to integrate missing HomeKit ā€œThings/Tpypesā€ in openHAB :smiley:

I just saw this thread had some new comments about node red / homekit. I know @gozilla01 used some of my ideas from comments on my post.

I put together a whole tutorial thread about how my setup works- take a look and feel free to ask questions if Iā€™ve missed anything.

My node-red + HomeKit + OpenHAB setup

@crxporter
I started from your tutorial, thank you very much, I had a new world!

Thanks @crxporter
Does your setup also work with KNX?