Homematic CCU3 connection issues - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Unknown XML-RPC tag: title

Settings --> Security --> Authentication (2nd from the bottom). Deactivate the checkbox

That did it. Thanks a lot!!!

This should be fixed in the next ESH stable release (probably build 318).

donativo: that and you’re running on 2.4M6 right? so it wouldn’t work on 2.3 even without the auth turned off? Mine is turned off by default and it doesn’t work on 2.3…

…answering my own question - yes, the same config which didn’t work on 2.3, works flawlessly on 2.4M6 after an upgrade by apt-get upgrade as described in the upgrade/installation manual

Thank you all for the advice to upgrade, guys!

I have a same problem with ccu3. I have disable the authetification Bottom on security values for XML_RPC.

My openhab version is 2.3.0.005 on Synology.

I can not update this Verion of 2.4. i d´nt have a spk file for this.

What can do?

HI, I have the same issue.

I use raspberrymatic in the current version 3.41.11.20181126 and openhabian with version 2.3.0-S1451-1.

I disabled the authentication on the ccu, but in openhabian I have the rror

OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR

Unknown XML-RCP tag:title

Same message is in the /var/log/open2/events.log

I’m using Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76

Any idea guys?

As DIM said it seems to work only with OH 2.4 M6.

Hi Don,

thanks for your answer.
I changed my environment to the testing channel and got version

2.4.0-S1452-1
cleared the cache but still the same issue.

I had a look here

They wrote Get 2.4.0 Milestone 6 from here: [JFrog.io](https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-milestone-local/org/openhab/distro/openhab/2.4.0.M6/) (or the testing repo)

but it wasn’t a m version for me.

How can I get the m version? :thinking:

Thanks

Regards
Matthias

This is the latest Snapshot Build, so you can’t get any better/newer than this :slight_smile:

let me see how we can debug this

1 Like

first of all, let’s see which version of the binding is being loaded

Use the openhab console and:

bundle:list -s |grep -i homematic

That’s the output
192 │ Active │ 80 │ 0.10.0.201812070742 │ org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic

1 Like

if it’s not too much trouble: try to upgrade your Zulu JVM to something newer

You are on the latest core (OH 2.4.0.S1452) with the latest binding 201812070742 being loaded… I don’t know why you are still getting these comms errors…

So I updated java

openjdk version "1.8.0_181" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.31.1.122-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_181-b122) OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.31.1.122-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.181-b122, mixed mode, Evaluation)

But still the same error

2018-12-07 16:38:42.268 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'homematic:bridge:OEQ0302737' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unknown XML-RPC tag: title

Maybe an issue with raspberrymatic?

I don’t think that I can help you advance this… I don’t use Homematic… all the troubleshooting steps for the basic configs are done.

Maybe, double/triple check that auth is disabled on the CCU.

I found something that may be relevant:

The is no case “title” in the code so it ends up in the default case (which throws the exception)

Maybe you should open up an issue on https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues?q=homematic

1 Like

Ok, interesting, I’ll have a look. Thanks Dim!

1 Like

@Dim I activated, deactivated the authentication in the CCU, no success.

But then I did a restart :smiley: It works! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the magic solution for all IT problems :slight_smile:

glad you got it to work! :+1:

1 Like

EDIT: I went the easy route and rolled back my raspberrymatic firmware. Now it’s working fine again.

OLD POST:

facing the same issue after upgrading raspberrymatic to latest version when running OH2.3
Strange, immediately after the upgrade, everything was fine. Then problems came up a few hours after the upgrade.

On CCU2, authentication is disabled and security rules are inactive (firewall off API access allowed).I did already restart the CCU2 twice.

Btw: When I tried to upgrade the homematic bundle I saw:

2018-12-12 09:54:19.793 [INFO ] [org.openhab.binding.homematic ] - FrameworkEvent INFO - org.openhab.binding.homematic

java.io.IOException: Exception in opening zip file: /var/lib/openhab2/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/213/0/bundleFile

So I stopped openhab2 service and cleaned cache using openhab-cli command. Still no success.
Only after uninstalling the default bundle and then installing from web it worked, but now I see:

2018-12-12 10:23:34.654 [INFO ] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - HmGatewayInfo[id=CCU,type=CCU2,firmware=3.41.11.20181126,address=OEQ0608085,wired=false,hmip=true,cuxd=false,group=true]

2018-12-12 10:23:49.714 [ERROR] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Homematic bridge was set to OFFLINE-COMMUNICATION_ERROR due to the following exception: Read timed out

Stefan

There’s now an issue for this: