Homematic CCU3 connection issues - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Unknown XML-RPC tag: title

if it’s not too much trouble: try to upgrade your Zulu JVM to something newer

You are on the latest core (OH 2.4.0.S1452) with the latest binding 201812070742 being loaded… I don’t know why you are still getting these comms errors…

So I updated java

openjdk version "1.8.0_181" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.31.1.122-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_181-b122) OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.31.1.122-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.181-b122, mixed mode, Evaluation)

But still the same error

2018-12-07 16:38:42.268 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'homematic:bridge:OEQ0302737' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unknown XML-RPC tag: title

Maybe an issue with raspberrymatic?

I don’t think that I can help you advance this… I don’t use Homematic… all the troubleshooting steps for the basic configs are done.

Maybe, double/triple check that auth is disabled on the CCU.

I found something that may be relevant:

The is no case “title” in the code so it ends up in the default case (which throws the exception)

Maybe you should open up an issue on https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues?q=homematic

1 Like

Ok, interesting, I’ll have a look. Thanks Dim!

1 Like

@Dim I activated, deactivated the authentication in the CCU, no success.

But then I did a restart :smiley: It works! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the magic solution for all IT problems :slight_smile:

glad you got it to work! :+1:

1 Like

EDIT: I went the easy route and rolled back my raspberrymatic firmware. Now it’s working fine again.

OLD POST:

facing the same issue after upgrading raspberrymatic to latest version when running OH2.3
Strange, immediately after the upgrade, everything was fine. Then problems came up a few hours after the upgrade.

On CCU2, authentication is disabled and security rules are inactive (firewall off API access allowed).I did already restart the CCU2 twice.

Btw: When I tried to upgrade the homematic bundle I saw:

2018-12-12 09:54:19.793 [INFO ] [org.openhab.binding.homematic ] - FrameworkEvent INFO - org.openhab.binding.homematic

java.io.IOException: Exception in opening zip file: /var/lib/openhab2/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/213/0/bundleFile

So I stopped openhab2 service and cleaned cache using openhab-cli command. Still no success.
Only after uninstalling the default bundle and then installing from web it worked, but now I see:

2018-12-12 10:23:34.654 [INFO ] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - HmGatewayInfo[id=CCU,type=CCU2,firmware=3.41.11.20181126,address=OEQ0608085,wired=false,hmip=true,cuxd=false,group=true]

2018-12-12 10:23:49.714 [ERROR] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Homematic bridge was set to OFFLINE-COMMUNICATION_ERROR due to the following exception: Read timed out

Stefan

There’s now an issue for this: