Homematic IP window contact state doesn't update

If you have the same problem, I would need a TRACE log from your installation. I also need to know the the device types.

Do you have this problem only with Contacts or are there other devices where the state is not updated?

Good to know that it works now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and good morning,

the device is a (but no contact HM & HM IP gets an update):

2 channels linked:

The trace file:
openhab.log Homematic Trace.txt (15.1 KB)

I hope this helps to find it.

Best regards
Stefan

Same problem. In the log i can see the state change from CCU2, but item doesn’t change state.

I found my problem.
I add the window contact thing (add as thing with custom id) and i removed the identifier of the bridge.
If i don’t remove it, it works.
It is a bit strange, because i removed the bridge identifier also for the other homematic things, like thermostat, but they work.

But without Bridge it can not work. Maybe I missunderstood your post.
With SCAN all devices are visible and can be added, of course with bridge entry.

It may be possible that a device works without the bridge but only in one direction, i.e. you can set states but maybe don’t get updates from the device because item can not be found.

There is already an issue in github to add checks to the custom id. In the meantime I would not remove the bridge and stay with the automatically generated id.

Hmm, its a bit strange. According to the logs the value is retrieved and handled by the correct converter.

I have got the same device and I will test whether I can reproduce it.

Hi,

No update on this topic?

Best regards
Stefan

According to the log files a correct value is received and then translated.

Can you please try the following:

Hi,

I installed it as mentioned, OH is just starting up.

• Is this another version as if I install a snapshot via “regular” update?
  • After remove of the contact and readd (MODEL) it changed the state. Fine!
  • but I will revert from the addons version because, only the 2 (MIELE & HOMEMATIC) bindings in the addon folder are currently working.

Best regards and thanks so far
Stefan

The problem reoccurs as soon as you add a MAP Profile to the thing/item link!

State is not updating.
Unlink the contact, relink. (only way to get rid of the profile)
Working again.

Hold on… if the channel is of contact type, then it will send states OPEN/CLOSED. If an Item is of Contact type,it will only accept states OPEN/CLOSED.
What is your MAP trying to do? If you are trying to set your Contact Item to anything other than OPEN/CLOSED, it is never going to work.

The MAP is trying to translate it.

I hope to use it like:

But then the thing/item-MAP can not be used, right?

Anyway the state of the item was not changing, even for the items withoug channel/item-MAP. Now after unlink, readd, a.s.o. it is changing state again.

Thanks

A Contact Item state can only be OPEN/CLOSED, but you can show that how you like in a UI by using a MAP on the state presentation.

Platform information :
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 8GB RAM
openHAB 3.0.1
openhabian-pi-raspios32-v1.6.4

Dear all,

I also have a problem with the update of my window contact.
It is the contact homematic:HmIP-SCI.
This contact is updated for a certain time by saving the Thing and continues to be executed correctly!
However, after some time the State is only closed and is no longer updated to open.
When I save the Thing of the Homatic:Bridge again, everything works fine for a while and then no longer.
What could the problem be?

These IP devices seem to cause more and more problems. With some of these devices event the CCU 3 has got some problems.

I have already solved one problem with contact devices for OH 3 that is not part of 3.0.1. But first of all, I would like to see what’s happening in your installation.
If the contact’s state is no longer updates for “open”, please enable the debug log mode for the Homematic binding, perform open/close and then post the relevant part from openhab.log here. If there are no messages regarding received events, it is probably a general communication problem.

Do you have any other HmIP devices and are they running correctly?

Yes exactly there is no entry in the log
viewer!
Currently it works!
But no idea how long. I test it and report
how long it worked this time.
From which version is the problem solved?
And when will this come as a stable version?
Thanks for your quick reply.

If it stops working after some time it would be good to know what could have caused the problem. There is an open problem with HmIP devices that happens if openHAB loses the connection to Homematic, e.g. because of a restart of the CCU, or a network interruption. There is already an issue for this problem: [homematic] Re-connect handling is not sufficient for HmIP devices · Issue #10439 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

I have tried to solve this problem and I could solve it at least partially (maybe sufficient in your situation).

This solution will be part of 3.1. I have created a test version but there are some version dependencies to OH Core that are causing some problems. Will try to solve it this weekend.

Maybe another data point. My window sensor is not updating but all things say they’re online.
When I hit the “Reload All From Gateway” button from the Gateway Extras thing everything is correctly updated.

I’m running OH3.2.0 (docker) and Raspberrymatic (vm) on a Synology DS220+.