Homematic IP window contact state doesn't update

Running OH in docker sometimes causes problems with IP addresses and ports and therefore events sent from the CCU do not arrive in the OH binding. In several installation it helped to configure the IP address of OH explicitly in the bridge definition. You must also make sure that all ports for the communication from the CCU to openHAB are correctly mapped.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by setting the address of OH in the bridge? The docker bridge network od something in the CCU configuration?
Port mapping in docker?
I have all OH ports mapped and other bindings with external communication like Mqtt and Fritzbox work fine (even playing generated voice output on a Nest speaker via callback).

I was talking about the CCU bridge configuration in OH. There is config parameter for a callback address:
Normally you can leave it empty. In this case the binding takes the first IP address as default. The OH binding sends this address to CCU and then the CCU sends all events to this IP address. If you are running OH within a docker container, I think you have to set the container IP address here (never tried it on my own).

I have all OH ports mapped

It is important that all ports that are mentioned in the binding’s documentation are correctly mapped and not blocked by any firewall. But I think the most like problem cause is the callback IP address.

1 Like

Funnily enough, this problem has also started 2 days ago with me. The Gateway extras button helps or restarting the bundle from the console.

My setup itself did not change during the last days, but I had some trouble with an access point/switch (which is fixed now, back to original firmware and last config → no more other problems).
Openhab: 3.2.0 bare metal on ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Homematic: raspberrymatic (202205* version) on raspi 3

I’ve added 192.168.27.0/16; and 192.168.27.42 (IP of the ubuntu machine running OH), but just realized that the are already included in the 192.168.0.0/16 range, and also tried it with the ports mentioned in Homematic - Bindings | openHAB ( 2000;2001;2010;8701;9292;) but did not have that before.
I will give adding the callback address (192.168.27.42?) a try…

Adding the callback address and exposing the callback ports 9125-9127 from the host machine to the docker container solved it for me. Maybe check these ports in your Ubuntu firewall as well.

The callback address did it for me. Let’s hope that my rules which depend on the homematic stuff will work again.