How do I get an addon (ZWave) from the nightly build?

I recently requested a change to the ZWave database as my device was not listed. This has been done and I was told to update the ZWave addon to the latest nightly build.

So, with google in hand I have tried numerous options to find this build, but no joy - and most of the topics here at best list old url’s which appear broken.

Can anyone point me to a howto on this? I am not familiar with the techniques used here for nightly builds (most of the posts seem to assume knowledge of an unspecified toolset - probably obvious if you are familiar with the Java ecosystem) so ideally I want a url for the ZWave jar that I can wget or similar.

Thank you

Cloudbees is the magic word: :grinning:

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

sihui, thank you for that.

For anyone hunting round like I was, once you have the addon, you need to uninstall the old and install the new version

1. First, copy the jar file from CloudBees to /usr/share/openhab2/addons/
  2. Log into karaf ‘ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost’ (google the default password if you have not changed it)
  3. List the addons ‘bundle:list’
  4. The current and new versions should show up as Active and Installed respectively.
  5. Note the ID’s for both (first column)
  6. Stop the old addon 'bundle:stop ’
  7. Uninstall the old addon 'bundle:uninstall ’
  8. Start the new addon 'bundle:start ’

As far as I can tell, the only way to exit Karaf without stopping openhab is to kill the terminal session (e.g. close the putty window or kill the process from another window in Linux) - if anyone knows a better way please add a comment!

That is a lot easier if just done through PaperUI: hit uninstall
So what is left then is: copy the new jar to your addons folder.
It will be active without intervention in karaf.

I believe you can use logout. Instead of using a nightly snapshot build of the zwave binding, use the dev version. It has a lot of new functionality and is about to be merged. :crossed_fingers: If you do, delete/rediscover all your zwave Things (this is not exclusion).