I am new to Rasberry / Linux and try to build up home automation using Zwave.
I use a Rasberry 3, running on Raspbian and having Openhab 2.2 installed.
To establish Z-Wave communication, I bought a Razberry ZME_RAZ_EU (the slim one).
Now I wanted to add that thing to Openhab but I constantly have the issue, that it cannot recognize the port ttyAMA0.
Here is what I did so far:
- Installed Razberry Software (
wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash)
- Added the binding in Openhab2 PaperUI
- Added /dev/ttyAMA0 as serial port
As this did not work, I went further:
- Disabled blutooth by adding disable command into config.txt (according to: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=142478)
- Added user rights to /dev/ (can’t find the post anymore, was something like chmod -g /dev/tty to openhab)
- Add parameter to setenv (as suggested in multiple posts)
- Set Serial interface to enabled via UI “Raspberry Configuration”,
- Set Serial interface via raspi-config: Interface -> Serial -> Login Shell: No; Serial port hardware enabled: Yes
However, that thing does not run.
What makes me suspicious is, that I do not have any openhab files/folders under etc/default and also users/shared/… what is suggested in other posts.
How do I get Zwave working on my Raspberry?