How to activate a binding

I’m still trying to add 2.5.10 modbus snapshot on top of my 2.5.0. version running on Synology but is still not working.
I added the jar file of the binding to the addons directory.
With karaf I see it as installed but is not Active. I can find what I’m doing wrong or what additional steps I need to follow.
236 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Astro Binding
237 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Sonos Binding
239 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
244 │ Installed │ 80 │ 2.5.10.202009280401 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Modbus Binding
When I do the same with the RFXcom binding is is shown as active but doesn’t appear in paperUI.
245 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.10.202009280408 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Rfxcom Binding

I hope someone can help me with both problems.

Manually added bindings never do.

I’m not sure that’s true. Here’s my list from paperUI:

I manually installed the Unifi binding (i.e. jar file in add-ons folder). I remember when playing with Broadlink binding snapshots they also appeared in paperUI, and discovery and the rest of that shenanigans also worked.

If the bundle is installed but not active something is missing.

Try diag 244 and see what is missing. Add that, resolve 244 and start 244.

2 Likes

Thanks Jan,
What should I add
openhab> diag 244
openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Modbus Binding (244)

Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.modbus.discovery)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.endpoint)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.exception)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.json)"
osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.openhab.binding.modbus.discovery.ModbusDiscoveryParticipant)"; effective:=“active”; resolution:=“optional”; cardinality:=“multiple”
osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.openhab.binding.modbus.discovery.internal.ModbusThingHandlerDiscoveryService)"; effective:=“active”; resolution:=“optional”; cardinality:=“multiple”
osgi.service; filter:="(objectClass=org.openhab.io.transport.modbus.ModbusManager)"; effective:=“active”
Declarative Services

feature:install openhab-transport-modbus

Have a similar problem:

299 │ Active │ 80 │ 3.0.2 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: TR-064 Binding
300 │ Installed │ 80 │ 3.1.0.202105230410 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: TR-064 Binding

diag 300:
openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: TR-064 Binding (300)

Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(&(version>=1.9.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))))"
Declarative Services

Do you have a hint for me what needs to be installed? Thanks in advance.

Your problem is different and you try something that will not work at all.

First: You‘ll get into trouble if you use two different versions of the same binding. Always make sure you uninstalled the old version before deploying a new version.

Second: Bundles compiled for newer versions of 3.1 (roughly everything compiled after the release of M3) are no longer compatible with openHAB 3.0.x. You can‘t fix that (only by updating to a matching openHAB core)y

Many thanks, that is what i feared. Already tried an update w.r.t. TR064 but gained an “OFFLINE” innogy binding. Thus, i have to wait until the innogy binding works again. The TR064 attempt was because i didn’t get the phonebook transformation running using 3.0.2 version.