How to add a language to maryTTS

Hello,

During the migration from 1.8.3 to 2.0 I had some troubles (solved) with voiceRSS, in the meantime I tried to add new languages to MaryTTS without success.
I tried to add the jar of the new languages to /var/lib/openhab2/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/226/0/.cp/lib/ where the other maryTTS jar are located but the new jar didn’t appear in the list of
paperUI (even after a restart).

Do you have some ideas?

Hallo,

hm, this is exactly what I am looking for. Have you been ablet to solve this? THX!

Stefan

Nop i stayed with voicerss

Hi

I see that M.A.R.Y. has a 5.2 version on their website, http://mary.dfki.de/download/index.html
Which seems to offer better quality speech, with inflections (to a degree). (when using their Web Demo)

Does anyone know if there are any plans on updating OH MARY from 5.1 to 5.2 and include the new voice options?

I assume it is NOT just a case of renaming the JAR files and dropping them in :frowning_face:

FYI…

The openHAB documentation suggests that a machine with reasonable resources is required to accommodate MARY, (there’s a joke in there somewhere…)
I’ve got 5.1 running on an Odroid C2 and Odroid UX4 (within OH) with good results.

I’ve just downloaded 5.2 and have it running as a webserver on my Odroid UX4 and it’s working REALLY well.
(Other than I can’t figure out how to enable more than the single language)

The only thing that I have NO idea how to do, is save the wave file from this URL into something that I can send to audio sinks…

http://{IP_ADDRESS}:59125/process?INPUT_TYPE=TEXT&OUTPUT_TYPE=AUDIO&INPUT_TEXT=Welcome%20to%20the%20world%20of%20speech%20synthesis!%0A&OUTPUT_TEXT=&effect_Volume_selected=&effect_Volume_parameters=amount%3A2.0%3B&effect_Volume_default=Default&effect_Volume_help=Help&effect_TractScaler_selected=&effect_TractScaler_parameters=amount%3A1.5%3B&effect_TractScaler_default=Default&effect_TractScaler_help=Help&effect_F0Scale_selected=&effect_F0Scale_parameters=f0Scale%3A2.0%3B&effect_F0Scale_default=Default&effect_F0Scale_help=Help&effect_F0Add_selected=&effect_F0Add_parameters=f0Add%3A50.0%3B&effect_F0Add_default=Default&effect_F0Add_help=Help&effect_Rate_selected=&effect_Rate_parameters=durScale%3A1.5%3B&effect_Rate_default=Default&effect_Rate_help=Help&effect_Robot_selected=&effect_Robot_parameters=amount%3A100.0%3B&effect_Robot_default=Default&effect_Robot_help=Help&effect_Whisper_selected=&effect_Whisper_parameters=amount%3A100.0%3B&effect_Whisper_default=Default&effect_Whisper_help=Help&effect_Stadium_selected=&effect_Stadium_parameters=amount%3A100.0&effect_Stadium_default=Default&effect_Stadium_help=Help&effect_Chorus_selected=&effect_Chorus_parameters=delay1%3A466%3Bamp1%3A0.54%3Bdelay2%3A600%3Bamp2%3A-0.10%3Bdelay3%3A250%3Bamp3%3A0.30&effect_Chorus_default=Default&effect_Chorus_help=Help&effect_FIRFilter_selected=&effect_FIRFilter_parameters=type%3A3%3Bfc1%3A500.0%3Bfc2%3A2000.0&effect_FIRFilter_default=Default&effect_FIRFilter_help=Help&effect_JetPilot_selected=&effect_JetPilot_parameters=&effect_JetPilot_default=Default&effect_JetPilot_help=Help&HELP_TEXT=&exampleTexts=&VOICE_SELECTIONS=cmu-slt-hsmm%20en_US%20female%20hmm&AUDIO_OUT=WAVE_FILE&LOCALE=en_US&VOICE=cmu-slt-hsmm&AUDIO=WAVE_FILE

Replacing the TTS Text in the URL is easy enough… Now that I have had some OH rules training :smile:

@Kai - Would you happen to know who maintains the MARY functionality?

Thanks in advance.

Last time I checked, adding more voices adds 100s of megabytes to the openHAB add-ons downloads so I don’t think it will ever happen this way. Maybe someone can create a bundle fragment that adds these voices. But Mary TTS is very OSGi unfriendly because there are no bundles and the same packages are split across several JARs. :neutral_face:

There’s also an issue for this:

1 Like

@wborn

Thanks for the advice :smile: