How to create InfluxDB database

I’m a beginner in OpenHab and now I’m trying to write data to InfluxDB using this example: Control a water heater and ground source heat pump based on cheap hours of spot priced electricity - Tutorials & Examples / openHAB Stories - openHAB Community

Everything else seems to be working, but I don’t know how to create a database in InfluxDB. When I run influxdb via Powershell, it gives an error “database not found”. I already have created a bucket in InfluxDB user interface and everything else should be correctly configured.
For two days I have been searching for examples and reading tutorials but haven’t found answers.

I assume you’re using influxdb 2 as mentioned in the thread you linked to. The influx bucket is the database.

If you are able to access the Influx web UI to create the bucket, then it should be able to receive data.

Are you able to write data to your bucket with the influx command line tool, see influx - InfluxDB command line interface | InfluxDB OSS 2.4 Documentation

Cheers,
Markus

Yes I’m using influxdb 2. I just don’t know what kind of command should I use to test writing data?

I was able to create a bucket using the command line.

It’s influx write, see influx write | InfluxDB OSS 2.4 Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.