How to get Digi XStick Working

Hi Im running openhab2 on Ubuntu 18.04 linux I have read the USB DIGI XStick is supported but I cannot figure out how to get it going I am a total beginner so step by step instructions would be grate thanks

Believe me, I understand the frustration. But OH supports something in the range of 350 different technologies and APIs and thousands/tens of thousands of devices. We just do not have the man power to write beginner step by step instructions for all of them.

We can help but we’re going to need A LOT more information. Please see How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You for a discussion of the sort of info we need to begin to help.

And you are going to have to do some work and piecing together different tutorials on your own. Everyone’s home automation system is unique. There will be no single step-by-step tutorial to build your bespoke home automation system.

There are a bunch of getting started tutorials out there though. Here are a few:

Pay attention to any zwave tutorials as zigbee will work very similarly.

Give us more information and ask specific questions and we will be happy to help.

1 Like

@rlkoshak - I’ve also lost track of trying to get the articles up on Github…though, the series isn’t technically done yet (I need to create some videos about Persistence yet, a full A-to-Z example of setting up a device, some “Rule Case Studies” videos, etc…). I’m OK with keeping these as a work-in-progress post/tutorial, until I get some more videos done…

2 Likes