How to integrate flic buttons?

Appreciate your efforts on this binding.

You mention “Profiles are now the recommended way for configuration” but I can’t find any documentation using Profiles for the Flic button triggers. (eg; SHORT_PRESSED, DOUBLE_PRESSED, LONG_PRESSED)

The following is working but doesn’t differentiate between the three presses…

Switch FGS223Double2_Kitchen2 "Downlight Switch" [ "Switchable" ] {channel="zwave:device:fcd9bec3:node5:switch_binary2", channel="flicbutton:button:mybridge:80-e4-da-76-8b-c5" [profile="rawbutton-toggle-switch"]}

You’re right, unfortunately only rawbutton profiles exist atm. The three presses can currently only be differentiated by using rules. I hope I can find some time to write some appropriate profiles. Do you have already ideas what kind of profiles would make sense?

All good @pfink - figured that might be the case and your efforts have already helped! I’ve got rules working but profiles would greatly simplify the config and allow rules to be used more easily in parallel.

Initially would be great to have profiles that functioned similar to the ‘rawbutton-toggle-switch’ but based on the three presses. (ie; button-toggle-switch-short-press, button-toggle-switch-double-press etc)

Could also see function like ‘rawrocker-to-dimmer’ being helpful. Long press to control a dimmer ‘on and increase’ then press again to ‘decrease and off’ is quite difficult to accomplish using rules. (perhaps ‘button-dimmer-long-press’ as an example) Same sort of thing would probably be good for those with rollshutters but one thing at a time :slight_smile:

Hello Together
I hope it’s not a stupid question. I used to use my Flic2 buttons incl. HUB with the old CMD interface of the Openhab 2. Now I have changed to Openhab 3 and the interface is no longer available. Is it possible with the new Openhab3 and the Flic Hub to control items via API command? If so what do I have to enter in the Flic Hub? Or is it just possible with the binding?

Here are the options that are available.

The Solution for my problem is solved in this post:

Btw, the Flic Button Binding is on it’s way to the official openHAB Distribution, PR can be found here: [flicbutton] Initial contribution FlicButton Binding by pfink · Pull Request #9234 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

The latest snapshot version of the Binding for openHAB 3 could be downloaded here. Latest version of the docs are here: openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.flicbutton at flicbutton · pfink/openhab-addons · GitHub

Update: The PR of the Flic Button Binding has been merged now, so the binding will be part of the official openHAB distribution in all upcoming releases, the first one will probably be the openHAB 3.3.0 Milestone 2 release!