How to integrate OH with wyze sense, any hack?

I have seen only one post -Wyze $5 Door/Motion Wireless Sensors
which ended with no solution or a final thought.
I want to check if there is any which way we can integrate wyze sense (not wyze cam) with OH? Or is there any hack to use with OH?

I have bunch of sensors from wyze, but I really do not want to switch to homeassistant for this only reason
I have integration b/w Googlehome and wyze tought if I can use it for creating rules…

Check out wyzesense2mqtt on github.

I’ve now got nine wyze motion sensors and two contact sensors in openhab via mqtt…

1 Like

man, you made my day . Thank you soooo much , I am really so happy. I will test sometime this week and post here as answered.

1 Like

No worries.
I just received a bunch more contact sensors as well which I’m going to integrate this weekend.
Note you need to put the sense dongle into a rpi or something, which means you can’t have it plugged into the wyze cam. This means you can’t use the sensors as camera triggers.
I have wondered if I could have one in a wyze camera and another in a pi to allow the best of both worlds, but i’m not sure if a sensor can report to two sense dongles…
Happy to post items etc if needed. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have wondered if I could have one in a wyze camera and another in a pi to allow the best of both worlds, but i’m not sure if a sensor can report to two sense dongles…

didn’t think like this, nice I might try sometime later. :grinning:

Also I am curious what are use cases to integrate those many sensors. :thinking:

if you don’t mind me asking , I couldn’t find it on github . can you share me the link?

:+1:

2 Likes

@UnabletoUpload

Did you get it to work? Need any help?

Oh boy , I somehow missed this response. It did not work . Its not recognizable sadly. I was trying to go through other posts or blogs in internet. Surprisingly there is none available or I should admit, do not know how to use a search engine … :laughing:

Let me know if you want to try again. I got it working on a rPi0w so it doesn’t need much power. The developer is very helpful on github as well.