iCloud Binding Communication Error

Works great! Thanks for your effort.

Thanks to all for the effort

How did you do it and where can I find the alternative? I am fed up with the icloud binding that created issues in my installation over and over again and I am not really interested in a long debate about who is responsible. We are coders and solve problems not politicians who debate about who is guilty. Aparently noone can fix this so let’s just move on and use something that works. P.S.: If it is so hard to fix this binding, my first thought would be that it is not designed well but who am I to tell - not even a standard user but one who wants something to work.

The binding has been fixed and is part of the upcoming openHAB 3.4 release.

Not really: Using openHAB 3.4.0.M3 and still have it. Bu thx for the hint. Will download M5

see here:

Or just wait until tomorrow when openHAB 3.4 will be released :wink:

The binding has been overhauled and was included in openHAB 3.4 RC 1 and will be in the general 3.4 release due out tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi, just installed RC1 and it works. Halleluja. I just hope this time it lasts :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for my fristrated post earlier. Happy now that it works. Just took a while and it worked first, then it didn’t and so on. Lately I couldn’t get it running at all anymore. now, with RC1 it seems tow work just fine after Implantation of the “Apple iCloud authentication code for 2-factor authentication”. Many thanks to all the contributors!!!

After upgrading to OH 3.4 I have found 2 iCloud bindings:

openhab> bundle:list | grep iCloud
 27 │ Active │  80 │ 3.4.0.202207121439     │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding
286 │ Active │  80 │ 3.4.0                  │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding

It looks as I have done something stupid, but which of them is now to be deleted?

27 is the older one.

1 Like

I installed 3.4.0 just a view days ago but 2-factor authentication doesn’t work.
Error message: Invalid 2-FA-code
Should I switch to RC7 of the binding?

Do you still have an older snapshot active?

I installed 3.4 and worked directly without reauthenticarion

No, it is a freshly installed 3.4

openhab> bundle:list | grep iCloud
264 │ Active │  80 │ 3.4.0                  │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding

Hm, you are getting the message on device and add code fast?

Would be important to get some information step by step.

I have the same issue and posted it some days ago in a separate message:

I included the Logs in DEBUG mode and my steps.
It worked for the first account, but I was not able to set up the second.

Then I ll check later. Possibly at me still the 3.3 snapshot is active and the reason all works fine

I have in total three iCloud accounts. But it doesn’t work with all of them.
For example I disabled the Account-thing, enabled it again and the immediate confirmation of the 2FA-Code didn’t work - at any of these three accounts with their corresponding 2FA-Codes.

Is the new binding merged into the main branch ?