iCloud Binding Communication Error

There is nothing to fix if iCloud reports the devices as offline, even thy are not.
You can disable the device thing and reenable it. In some cases they will be reported as online afterwards.

Yes in the thing config. There is new value „code“

It was obvious my fault. Thanks for hinting, Simon. Now it works perfect!

Hello All, I ned your support.

I’ve updated OH to 3.4.0.M6 - Milestone Build but iCloud didn’t work, should I updated manually the binding? For me on new OH 3.4 didn’t work

Did you copy Simon’s RC3 release to the openhab addons folder?

A lot of work as been done to prepare a fixed version as part of an openhab release. Code should work as before, but one can never know. So please test the new Release RC-4 · maihacke/openhab-addons · GitHub.

1 Like

Tested RC4, seems to work out as expected. Many thanks for this work.

Hi all,
Yesterday the RC2 addon stopped working for me so I installed the latest one.
Now, the iCloud Account thing will not initialize.
I keep getting notifications on my iphone that my Apple ID is being used to sign in a device.
When I allow and set the verification code in the ‘code’ field of the thing, I get an error: Invalid 2-FA-code.

Any ideas? The addon was working fine before.

Thanks,
John

No special idea. Maybe the code was just wrong?! Please check logs what happend.

Nevertheless a new RC-5: Release RC-5 · maihacke/openhab-addons · GitHub

Update:
Nevertheless a new RC-6: Release RC-6 · maihacke/openhab-addons · GitHub

The PR was approved. This is a RC for the version, which is going to be merged. If you find the time please test it:

4 Likes

Hi,

After my problems yesterday, the addon started working for the latest release.
Many thanks

John

Not yet, should I only download and upload to add-ons folder or it’s needed to uninstall somewho the current version? Or maybe delete the item previous of installation?

You need to uninstall the version contained in openhab. Then download the. jar and copy it into the addons folder. It will self install afterwards.

This is necessary until the new version has been merged into the openhab distro.

The pull request has been merged, so the updated binding will be part of the next openHAB 3.4 milestone.

10 Likes

Works great! Thanks for your effort.

Thanks to all for the effort

How did you do it and where can I find the alternative? I am fed up with the icloud binding that created issues in my installation over and over again and I am not really interested in a long debate about who is responsible. We are coders and solve problems not politicians who debate about who is guilty. Aparently noone can fix this so let’s just move on and use something that works. P.S.: If it is so hard to fix this binding, my first thought would be that it is not designed well but who am I to tell - not even a standard user but one who wants something to work.

The binding has been fixed and is part of the upcoming openHAB 3.4 release.

Not really: Using openHAB 3.4.0.M3 and still have it. Bu thx for the hint. Will download M5

see here: