iCloud Binding Communication Error

It is already there, you just have to deinstall the binding and put the jar into addons folder…

1 Like

Thank you! Usually i update openhab and the addons through the apt repo. Do i have do remove the.jar before the next update through apt?

The next stable release will be 3.1, probably end of June. Best would be to remove jar from addons folder before update and do regular install afterwards.

1 Like

Is it me, I cant download the jar files anymore?

Still available, so you should be able to download.

br

I think the easy way to update without going through uninstall or losing data is to use the console.

Inside the console run the following command:

bundle:list | grep iCloud

You will get the bundle id, in my case it is 217.

217 │ Active │  80 │ 3.0.2                   │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding

Then you run the following command to update the id with the appropriate jar.

update 217 http://readme1st.de/tom/downloads/org.openhab.binding.icloud-3.0.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
5 Likes

U rock

Of course I meant “thanks for the great work! However, I am not able to download”

And, after some thoughts, I turned off my add blocker for a moment to be able to let this download through :wink: Thank, online again.

I used this command to update the binding, but it still doesn’t connects.

bundle:list | grep -i cloud
233 x Active x  80 x 3.0.3.202105171114      x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: iCloud Binding
266 x Active x  80 x 3.0.2                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: IO :: openHAB Cloud Connector

I still get this error:

14:00:48.417 [WARN ] [al.handler.ICloudAccountBridgeHandler] - Unable to refresh device data
java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpResponseException: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

Did I miss something?

What is your openHAB version?

3.0.2 as you can see at the openhab cloud binding.

Thanks for maintaining a 2.5.x version! The SNAPSHOT fixed that problem for my 2.5.12 OH installation. Copied jar to add-ons and restarted iCloud bundle. All good.

Sorry. Did you try to restart openHAB.

For me it works fine without issue. Maybe the binding developer/maintainer would help in this.

3.0.3 jar works perfectly (so far!) on 3.0.2 release build - Thanks very much.

Feedback, things are now online, and it updated my location once, but it doesn’t update after that initial time. I have to remove my icloud account and add it back before it updates again? just updated to OpenHAB 3.0.2 and I used your link for 3.1.0 M3. maybe I did something wrong, I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to OpenHAB. if you need any logs or something please let me know how and where to do so.

Not my link, so cannot be of more help here.

sorry…

Feedback, things are now online, and it updated my location once, but it doesn’t update after that initial time. I have to remove my icloud account and add it back before it updates again? just updated to OpenHAB 3.0.2 and I used your link for 3.1.0 M3. maybe I did something wrong, I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to OpenHAB. if you need any logs or something please let me know how and where to do so.

It seems the jar file isn’t anymore available. Can somebody provide a link for download? BR

Same for me. Wanted to tackle iCloud today, but the jars are not available anymore. Could you upload them again (best for openHAB2.5 :grimacing:)

Thanks