iCloud Binding Communication Error

Looks like the iCloud have some troubles anyhow.

BTW: same, same :frowning:

The iCloud connection works flawless in my Home Assistant test setup (…is that cursing here? :wink: I do get a popup for two way auth when connecting, i do not get that using OH iCloud binding, that s why I think there is something changed in the way OH(or the binding) (needs to) connect(s) to the Apple Cloud service.

The binding hasn‘t changed, so there must be something on iCloud side.

Same here since yeesterday I believe as well on RPi4 8GB running 3.0.2 stable

My iCloud Thing went offline on 2021-05-12 03:00:01.000 and did not become back online yet.

could it be related with OH/rpi favouring ipv6 instead of ipv4 ? my Apple homekit bridge thing got disconnected on that issue…

I think the authentication method changed for this API, but I did not had much more time to look into this.

1 Like

No, using v4 only here…

As temporary solution i use MQTT to send my iphone locations from home assistant to Openhab.

I have found a second solution:

I have it sending my location to Openhab (Json, MQTT)
works like a charm!

I‘m sure @rkrisi will find a solution.
apple changed the api so just wait until he fixed it. thanks @rkrisi for your work on that binding.

4 Likes

no doubt… :wink:

1 Like

I used OwnTracks in the past, but was not really happy with it (not updating reliably).
Furthermore The Owntracks App is needed on the phone including encrypted connection).
That’s why I prefer the iCloud binding.
But of course it’s an option.

same issue here:
grafik

1 Like

Just putting my name in the hat so I will see when this is working again… :wink:

same here. 3.0.1 in Docker

Milestone 4 the same! Did someone already opened Issue on Github?

I haven’t.

Looks like apple launched find my network Programm. So all existing documentations about needed APIs now only for as company registered developers :triumph:

We should all call Apple support really angry :tired_face:

But how is Home Assistant doing it then? Following the posts in this thread, the iCloud-Connection still works with HA…

Good question! But why the api document is restricted now? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like