Icloud binding - General SSLEngine problem

i have updated to the unstable version of openhab and the binding is now working.

1 Like

Thank you! Where do I find the newest Version/SNAPSHOT? Can I somehow create it myself from the repository: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding
Sorry if this goes to far off topicā€¦

@martinvw managed to build the jar:

jar cvf org.openhab.binding.icloud.jar org.openhab.binding
chmod +x org.openhab.binding.icloud.org.jar

Deposited the file in the addons folder and restarted openHAB (a couple of times). Unfortunately the binding doesnā€™t seem to start.

It should work but you can maybe better try a real release jar: https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-snapshot/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.icloud/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

Make sure to uninstall the binding first through paperUI and then dropping in the jar. Look at the log to see what is going on.

Great, thank you:

257 ā”‚ Active ā”‚ 80 ā”‚ 2.4.0.201811241129 ā”‚ iCloud Binding

Unfortunately in Paper UI all devices show as INITIALIZING or UNINITIALIZED. Restarted openHAB and cleaned cache/tmp, no change. What am I missing?

I would propose to check the logs and maybe there is also a status string next to INITIALIZING or UNINITIALIZED.

Otherwise you should enable logging and make sure to either enable / disable or store a real change.

Enable logging:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.icloud

Hi Marin,

I just installed the binding, but I get the following error message that I can see in the logs. Do you have any idea what that could be? I installed the latest openhabian image.

2018-12-14 16:43:23.947 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/smarthome/io/net/http/HttpRequestBuilder

at org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.ICloudConnection.callApi(ICloudConnection.java:70) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.ICloudConnection.requestDeviceStatusJSON(ICloudConnection.java:65) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.handler.ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.lambda$0(ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.java:84) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.cache.ExpiringCache.refreshValue(ExpiringCache.java:81) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.cache.ExpiringCache.getValue(ExpiringCache.java:61) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.handler.ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.refreshData(ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.java:141) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpRequestBuilder cannot be found by org.openhab.binding.icloud_2.4.0.201812100737

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:433) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:395) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:?]

... 13 more

Best wishes,
Ben

Hi who can help me pleaseā€¦ moved from windows to ubuntu, on windows i was able to use the GUI
here i am kind of lostā€¦

csplit -f cert /tmp/icloud2.crt ā€˜/^-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----/ā€™ {*}

1.do i need to put my certficate here?
2. where do i take it?

Hello!

After this binding stopped working (OH 2.3) I stopped using it but now with my fresh 2.4 installation i wanted to give it another go.
Is there still a certificate problem?
PaperUI finds my devices instantly but after adding them (with a things-file) every device is marked as offline (communication error).

Do i have to follow the steps above to get it working or is there a different problem?

Thank you

Hi!
I did some more work investigating my problems ā€¦
I cant get the textual configuration to work ā€¦ my account shows online and my devices are discovered in paper UI.
when i copy the device-id provided in paperui into my things-file it wonā€™t work.
if i add them via paperui a different channel number is created which i can link my items to ā€¦
why does the textual configuration not work?
for backup reasons i like to use textual configuration a lot ā€¦

Sorry for the late reply.

After setting:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.icloud

All Iā€™m getting is:

2018-12-20 10:41:36.448 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'icloud:XXX' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to INITIALIZING

No more entries concerning the binding. When I remember correctly I had no Handler Error beforeā€¦ strange.

It works now. just took some time. :slight_smile:

No more SSH issues?

Binding is still not working. But I havenā€™t fiddled with it for some time. Still running openHAB 2.3, so maybe the update will fix my problems.

my entire migration depends on that :grin:

i switched all my stuff to Ubuntu VM, but i was not able to make icloud to work so i am still on my windows

if anyone knows how to make it work with Ubuntu 16.04
i will be really grateful ā€¦

Just upgraded to openHAB 2.4 (running on a Diskstation) and installed the iCloud binding: finally everything works fine!

for me on 2.4 the bridge is getting disconnected, but i am able to do "find my iphone "so i am cool with that

Hi,

Iā€™ve been having very similar issues the past couple of days, intermittant and fixed by a reboot, but itā€™s been working perfectly for a good few weeks / month or so nowā€¦

2019-05-30 07:49:57.063 [WARN ] [l.handler.ICloudAccountBridgeHandler] - Unable to refresh device data

Iā€™m still on 2.4 on a RaspPi.

Anyone else having the same issues, any ideas?

Hi,

I also get an error when the iCloud things stop updating. I am on Pi3 with Openhabian OH 2.4.
It worked for months on OH2.3 and now on 2.4 it seemed stable but has stopped working this week.
When I uninstall the Binding and re-install it updates with locations and battery charge from all my devices but then stops. It may only update once.

I see Apple are combining the ā€œFind Friendsā€ and ā€œFind my iPhoneā€ apps into one new app in iOS 13 (in beta testing now) so could there be changes needed to the OH Binding?

Hi I have this problem with 2.5M1 ā€¦ and I think since today. Anybody else?