IFTTT is closed, I don't understand the Instructions I see posted

• Platform information:

• Hardware: Raspberry PI 4
  • Issue of the topic: Ok, I get it… No more IFTTT through the cloud connector

So, I understand, due to overuse/abuse, IFTTT is no longer available. I see that I need to create my own instance of the OpenHABCloud connector and also my own hook into IFTTT. I read a guide, and I am not a programmer or anything, so I didn’t quite understand even the first steps, whish were “In python do this…” I don’t know how to start python, or anything. If there is a step-by-step guide for idiots, that would be great.

I read previous posts, and there were comments like: OpenHAB does everything, why would you use IFTTT? I have LED strip lights using Smart Life that I cannot seem to get the localkey from. I had a rooted Android emulator, and I still couldn’t find the localkey. So, that’s why I need IFTTT.

OpenHAB is very flexible but takes a lot of work to understand & configure. I think the personal cloud is meant for those with advanced knowledge.
You may prefer a system such as Home Assistant that caters more to the novice user.

1 Like

You can create your own cloud server if IFTTT is a must.

1 Like

They want step by step instructions on how to do that so whoever provides those instructions can troubleshoot for them.

Could you use Pushbullet to send the info to IFTTT?? Obviously not ideal using another step but you are already not going local by using IFTTT.

If they’re in the Smart Life app, then they’re Tuya-based devices. That gives you a couple of options to connect your LEDs to openHAB using MQTT, which works entirely on your local network.

Personally, I went with the first option of flashing my devices with Tasmota firmware. It was a very straightforward process.

1 Like

Thanks, I was going to put a post about that. I have walked through that… It took me awhile to get the localkey, but I finally got it. I am actually walking through this again. For some reason, I just can’t seem to control the lights once everything is set up, and I am not sure why. I just tried starting clean and going through everything again, though

I could try that. I was also curious about maybe using a webhook in IFTTT. Hopefully I can get these Tuya lights working, and I won’t have to worry about it . If nothing else, I ordered a new controller for the light strip that I believe is compatible with the wifi smart LED.