Inclusion of Philip PAT02 not working on OH2

A Philio device is not recognized during inclusion:

2016-10-08 16:22:16.273 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 3: Device already known - properties will be updated.
2016-10-08 16:22:16.277 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 3: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 013C:0002:001F::1.8
2016-10-08 16:22:16.481 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 4: Device discovery completed

… although the device is listed in the zwave database:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/261

Am I doing something wrong?

Or might be I don’t have the latest database version in my OH2. Any chance to doublecheck which version is installed and which version is the newest (comparison of versions)?

This device was only added recently so I would make sure you are running the latest binding. If you are using the online version, then simply uninstall the binding (using the UI) and then reinstall it. If you are using a beta version, then I would suggest to change to use the snapshot version.

To check the version, log on to the console and use the list | grep ZWave command. This will show the build date of the binding.

Hmm, I did this already several times, but I always get the regular beta version:

233 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.b4 | ZWave Binding

You will need to update the complete runtime to the snapshot version. When you install a binding, it will install the version applicable for the runtime you are using - if you are using beta 4, then you will always get beta 4 bindings. If you change to the snapshot runtime, then you will get the snapshot bindings…

How can I doublecheck if my installed OH2 comes from snapshot or beta…?

I did a change to snapshot in the past already, but it seems that this didn’t work…

I’m not sure - for me, I just download the snapshot version from cloudbees, but I guess maybe you are using apt or something? If so, I’m not sure how to change the repository it’s using as I’m not familiar with this.

See here

and/or here

There are several ways, my way is: take a look at
/runtime/karaf/etc/branding.properties, the version is on line 9 and 10.

2 Likes

Many thanks.

sudo apt-get --reinstall install openhab2-online=2.0.0~SNAPSHOT
worked for me… I’m now on the latest snapshot :wink: