Integrate Danalock via Z-Wave

I suggest you check with the devices’ manual or the store you purchased the devices from.
The frequency used is not always shown on the device itself.

In this link you can see the list of frequencies and corresponding countries.
https://www.silabs.com/wireless/z-wave/global-regions

The Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 seems to have 3 different international frequencies models (A, B, C):

Check if your device has the complete model number (including the frequency letter) printed on it, or on the retail box, and that will tell you which frequency it uses.

Regarding the Danalock, I’m pretty sure they also have a few variants for different country regions.

Also consult the docs here - How do I connect my Danalock to a Z-wave/Zigbee gateway and Bluetooth at the same time? · Danalock

it states that lock in inclusion mode will be flashing green for 30 secs. Also you should not try again after a this because inclusion may still be processing for next 30 secs or more.

@mjeshurun I have now checked the frequency of the stick as well as the Danalock lock. Both devices transmit on the same frequency and are EU models. So the problem does not seem to lie here.

Maybe replacing batteries will help …

@anon71759204 I tried that too, unfortunately without success.

I give up. I have now tried everything possible, the Danalock lock is not found.
Here are the facts again. Both devices (Z-Wave stick and lock) operate on the same frequency and are EU models.
I have reset the lock completely = no success.
I have set the lock to inclusion mode via the app and the other time via the pin = no success.
I have tried various settings (Secure Inclusion Mode, Inclusion Mode, etc.) in openHAB = no success.
I have tried different versions of openHAB (3.4.0 M3, 3.4.0 M4, 3.4.0 snapshot) = no success.

By the way, other devices like a water detector are found by the Z-Wave stick, so the basic function seems to be there.

Any debug files for any of the options?

edit: if you do try again

1. totally reset the lock
  2. pair with bluetooth using app
  3. On the Controller UI page use Network wide inclusion & entry device security.
  4. Set the binding to Debug in Karaf
  5. On OH3 (not the app) inbox–>Zwave—>scan
  6. Poke the pinhole as shown by @Piotr_Bojko
  7. wait about a minute
  8. Post the debug file in code fences

@apella12 The only Z-Wave controller entry I can find in the log is this one:

2022-11-16 14:46:58.237 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 2: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 010F:0B01:1003::0.0

@apella12 Can you explain in more detail how to activate the debug mode?

1. Set the binding to Debug in Karaf

This is in the zwave read.me at the bottom:

1. log into your NAS command line
  2. type sudo openhab-cli console
  3. enter your sudo pswd
  4. enter habopen pswd
  5. type log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zwave

to undo
type log:set info org.openhab.binding.zwave

Do anything pop up on the scan after inbox–>Zwave–>scan? that message usually means yes.

As to the message itself, I need to do some research on those numbers. Im assuming the lock is Node 2? Is there an XML file in /var/lib/openhab/zwave?

Edit: Nevermind those numbers are for a fibaro flood device. Still need to follow steps 1-8 with Debug.

Try not to Bluetooth pair the lock first, go to z wave inclusion true OH binding and pin press directly after reset of the lock.
My best guess :slight_smile:

regards
Wannes

@apella12 The following XML files are located under userdata/zwave

@apella12 No, there is no pop-up, etc. After the scan, no new device appears in the list and no error message appears. The search simply finds nothing.

Just to be sure. By “entry device security” you mean “entry control devices”, right?

@apella12 I have now followed all the steps. Enclosed is the log file.
openhab.log (120.6 KB)

Well… Mostly bad news. The Debug shows no message from the lock while inclusion was active. So it is a defective device, bad batteries or is somehow jammed up from previous tries. Is there any green light indication while pressing with pin/paper clip? Only suggestion I have (short of giving up) is to really poke around aggressively with a paper clip while the zwave is in scan mode & Debug. Scan mode lasts 1 minute, so there is time for several tries at various angles and force.

On step 1 did first remove the device from the app before pairing again?

Other observations

1. It looks like you set Debug and restarted OH. That is not really needed and fills up the log. It does however help me to conclude your zwave controller is starting ok and the Fibaro water sensor is also there. You can just set Debug on a working system, then inbox–>zwave–>scan
  2. Your zwave XML files indicate you have created the controller 4 times. I don’t know if that is related. Only the f7daa5c7 version is working

Sorry

Yes, I removed the lock from the app and then pressed the PIN 10 times to reset the lock.

Yes, after pressing the PIN, the lock lights up green for a short time and then starts flashing green for about 30 seconds.

I thought I read that is the expected behavior while being included, so surprising no radio wave that the controller is picking up. In my experience even if not an understood message Debug says something lkie “unknown message”

Edit: While resetting I’m assuming you saw these additional hints in the Zwave DB

I have now tried it again several times, unfortunately always without success. I hate to say it, but I give up.

I can’t say I don’t agree. You have given it the old college try (so to speak).

Did you try the idea on the DB page to remove from the app, then use your disconnected (from OH) zstick button to exclude? The plus side of that is you get a visual (IIRC a solid yellow for a few seconds) -no Debug required ! The hint also seems to imply the green light will go dark suddenly

edit: I also had the thought to delete and reinstall a fresh copy of the app. It might have some memory of the earlier attempts to use it for inclusion.