Io-homecontrol / velux - something's in the bush

Having heard of the rumours about five scenes as well, I can confirm that I already have got 12 distinct scenes.

For now I’m trying to arrange the settings to simulate different closing degrees by separate scene definitions.

Unfortunatelly the programming of the scenes cannot be done via the KLF200: the bridge device only records the commands during the scene learning phase (therefore a lot of manual programming with the normal controls is needed).

Ok cool that we are allowed to have more than 5 scenes. I also have velux spots, so hope I can control those too without the need to buy another KLF-200 interface.

What do you mean by “normal controls”, so you mean the IO connections on the interface or the existing remote control I have?

Btw I ordered mine at https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/klf-100-interface-unit-for-integra.html. I can confirm you will get the KLF-200, and not the KLF-100 as showed in the image and the URL. I paid GBP 123,- + addition GBP 25,- for delivery to the Netherlands, so in total I paid €163,- which is a lot cheaper than all other stores I found.

1 Like

Bram,

if you like please try the OpenHAB2 binding as
https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2531
(same as https://github.com/smile-community/openhab2-addons)

and, just verified, there is not a five-scene-limitation on the KLF200!

Regards,
Guenther

thanks. No 5 scenes limitation, great. Has anyone tried if we can associate more than 5 devices? Any other functionality than open/close? Use-cases: blinds, window, spotlights.

Unfortunatelly I’ve only got four devices, three shutters and one windows.

But this already keeps me busy to define the different settings (opening degree 0 / 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100) as scenes.

@gs4711 Apologize the stupid question, but where can I find the JAR file for the VELUX binding?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

please feel free to download the jar-file from

Any comments appreciated!

Best regards,
Guenther

Hi Guenther,

thank you for building this interface.

I have installed the latest jar-file, above, and I can discover my Velux bridge.
However, I can’t seem to find and link any of the scenes / programs I have recorded. I must be missing something! Any suggestions?

Hi Jon,
now with the latest build the discovery should work even if you only have defined a bridge as Thing. The version should be look like:

openhab> bundle:list | grep velux
  9 | Active   |  80 | 2.2.0.201708191230     | velux Binding

Which UI do you use? With PaperUI the following steps can be verified:

• Is the Velux binding visible at Configuration->Bindings?
  • Is the Thing “Velux KLF200” at Configuration->Things mentioned as online?
  • What is the response shown at Inbox->Scan->Velux Binding?

Or, alternatively, please increase the loglevel as described in the README.md and post the interesting parts :wink:

Best regards,
Guenther

Unfortunatelly there is a limit of scenes: I hit it after storing the 32nd scene :open_mouth:

Hi Guenther,
Apologies for the delay in replying.

The version I have running is:
193 | Active | 80 | 2.2.0.201708101634 | velux Binding

This does not appear to be exactly the same as yours below. Do need to get that one?

I am using the Paper UI and I can see the Velux binding under configuration->binding
I have both a ‘Velux KLF200 Bridge’ and ‘Velux Scene Information’ online under Things.

When I Search in Inbox using the Velux binding, there are two listed:

Velux KLF200 Bridge
Velux Scene Information

Do I need to get some more log detail, or does the above provide some pointers?

Many thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon,

This does not appear to be exactly the same as yours below. Do need to get that one?

yes, please take a try with that one as it has solved some issues of discovery.

Regards, Guenther

1 Like

Great!
What power connecter does it have?

Hi, I can have a look tonight when I’m home. There are two adapters in the box. One european connector and an other connector (I think Type A, see http://www.worldstandards.eu/nl/elektriciteit/soorten-stekkers/)

Perfect, that did the trick.
I now have some working rules triggered by my Evohome room stats.
Thanks again,
Jon

Hello everyone,

sorry if it’s perhaps a stupid question, but since I haven’t discovered any news on that, my question is whether there is anything on the horizon in this context, that might get us Somfy io-homecontrol devices to work with OpenHAB a day?

Cheers!

Hi all,

Will the KLF200 bridge also work for somfy IO products? I have 4 velux windows, 4 rolling shutters to go with them and my front gate is under Somfy IO control. Would one KLF200 allow me to control all these devices? Thanks for your help.

Hi there, I just stumbled upon this thread. I have several Velux products and so far have controlled them with a few simple Velux remotes soldered to a relay that is connected to a Raspberry Pi. It works but obviously has the disadvantage of not receiving the status of my Velux products. Does the KLF200 bridge report status to Openhab?

Not that I’m aware, but I am keen to understand if I’m incorrect, or if
this is planned in a future firmware release.