IOS 2.1 Release and Project Update

That is really great, thank you!

Is there a possibility to change the sampling rate of the color picker?
If hold my finger on the screen to slide to the new color I want, the app sends hundreds of color changes to the bulb and it takes a while, until the bulb gets the final color.

Is it possible to lower the sampling rate to two per second or something like this?
That would be great.

Good point. Would be cool if you made a feature request on GitHub.

@HFM Not totally clear under which circumstances you observe a lag in reaction.
If it still persists please report a bug on github.

iam not complaining…

making effort to work on appliacation for OH which mean to be powering houses longterm and at same time making that application for new hardware only is just wasting some resources.

I have choices, no worries. Just wondered why…, as controling OH is not definitely something which should need new hardware at all.

One can’t have an opinion without others trying to blame him for complains? what a world :slight_smile:

couldn’t care less about how many years old it is.

Rpi3 was released in 2013, have you thrown that out already? … i guess so, at least twice! so old, can you imagine… terrible

Ok, will have a look on my sitemap and then, if neccessary, I will report a bug.

Great update! Thanks for that!

Would be great, if the next Version Supports Siri Shortcuts. For example to call the Rest api with shortcuts in a secured way and mobile.

…use the new NFC shortcut functionality of iOS13 to trigger smarthome rules via RFID tags.

1 Like

Great idea to use the tags! But i wont use scenes of homekit to trigger openhab - i would like to send the trigger direct to openhab, so i have all my automation rules at one place --> openHab

You can trigger any kind of shortcut automation. It is not limited to homekit automations. You could use the API Rest Methods for example to trigger a openhab automation rule.

Yes, but only if i am in my own network or connected with vpn.
If the IOS-App would support shortcuts, one could easily use the remote connection of myopenhab cloud.
This really would be great!

2 Likes

Hard work! Greatest mistake would be to finish now - so pls keep up the good work and add more features to make this app even more useful! Thanks

Thank you for the encouragement
There are more things to come: shortcut support is worth investigating. We also need to complete the apple watch app.

Please raise feature request issues on the github repository

3 Likes

This x10000000000…please…

Actually, this has got me thinking. I wonder if you could use IFTTTs webhooks and openhab functions to parse a webhooks url coded NFC chip to get a similar result…hummmm off for a bit of research…

BTW: We have a dark mode enabled app in beta. Please join TestFlight to participate in the testing.

3 Likes

This is implemented and will be tested on TestFlight. Please have a look and give it a try.

2 Likes

Is there a link to join?

I tested build version 65 with iPhone x, iOS 13 and openHAB 2.4.

It works like a charm (settings (side) menu and dark mode) .

1 Like

Testflight

1 Like

Thanks. Everything I tested was fine.

Testing Beta version from today, love dark mode :+1:

1 Like