iOS app for OH3?

The icon however is plain ugly on iOS.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but it does fit thematically quite well.

I’d also love to see the new UI in the iOS app, but would use a Safari tab on the homescreen until then.

My problem with it:
Often it looks like everything is loaded and ready to go. However, switches show no reaction and absolutely nothing arrives at the openHAB server. This is a bit critical if you want to operate an alarm system, for example. Is it possible that something is being cached inappropriately?

I really would like, but BasicUI on iOS, from remote, stopped working for me when I switched to OH3…
Working only on local…

1 Like

Just can say that it is working here…

@hmerk , would you mind sharing the app settings?

Thanks

Hi,

Sounds like I may have the same problem @lrweb

I can access the WEBUI on newer iOS devices (iOS14), but not on my “main controller” that is iOS9.5.3.

I’ve also posted a separate thread on this topic here EDIT >> Corrected link

Solo

Sorry, have to revert my last answer, can‘t get it to work anymore :weary:

that means we should investigate further :slight_smile:

Yes!

I’m accessing the WebUI of my openHABian 3.0.1 (on a Raspi 2) from my iOS Homescreen locally via WiFi on myiPhone (iOS 14.4) without any problem, I’m tempted to say it is a flawless experience. :slight_smile:

When I try to access webUI remotely via myopenhab.org, I experience two problems:

1. I’m sometimes being asked (after around 5 - 10 seconds of looking at a black screen) for my credentials (which is rather cumbersome).
  2. The connection appears to be rather unstable (values not loading, WebUI looks as if .css not loaded correctly, sometimes nothing loading at all). Sometimes navigating away and back does the trick (though this is difficult when it’s run from the home screen, since no navigation elements are not available anymore), sometimes not.

Any suggestions?

From what I understood, the openHAB App does not work with openHABian 3.0.1, correct?

There is no openHABian 3.0.1…

Actual iOS app id not working with openHAB 3.x main UI, but it will hopefully come soon.
Pull request was created some time ago…

Apologies for mixing up version numbers, less than one week ago I didn’t even know openHAB, not to mention own a Raspi. :wink: I meant openHABian 1.6.3.

Ok, thanks for the info, at least it’s not me missing something. Re-entering credentials from time to time is not too bad then.

I have to enter my credentials every time - which settings should i check?

Just checked the behavior again: I also have to re-enter my credentials every time I access via Safari remotely. I guess I must’ve missed something earlier on or tested it with not enough time in between (probably resulting in the session still being open).

how have you set up access to MainUI through the cloud connector?

Yes. Btw: The access itself now works flawlessly (maybe it was just a temporary glitch), but still credentials are required for every login. So maybe the update for the iOS App mentioned above will come soon.

Can you explain how you did this? I have only worked out how to use the iOS app where you can specify the url

Sry, misread your first question. Can you please specify what you mean by “this”?

Sorry if I wasnt clear. I have the IOS app and understand that if I want to access OH3 via that I will need to create a sitemap and access it the same as i did in 2.5. I thought you were referring to using myopenhab.org to access MainUI and the pages within, which I dont beleive the IOS app allows, do I have that correct as what you are doing?

Maybe I jump in here as well :wink:

I can login on home.myopenhab.org with my account credentials.
This will show my mainUI OverView page.

However, if I login with one of the non-admin user accounts, I get a blank screen.

Any suggestion?