iOS app for OH3?

Still working here…

OK i restarted the OH service and after a whil its back…perhaps anyone else having same issue this might help

1 Like

I have the exact same issue…restarted what service?

Probably restarted OH itself.
Edit:
Okay disclosure, I’m an android fan. I hate iOS. Well not necessarily hate nowadays that my company forces me to use one (and I’ve mostly moved to web apps).
But WHAT IS THIS AND WHY DONT I HAVE THIS ON MY ANDROID?!? This is amazing!
Note: also working remotely. Awesome :smiley:

You found the shortcuts :wink:

Is there anything similar to iOS shortcut app on Android ? If so, open a feature request on our Android app on guthub.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a viable alternative, but, I feel like we need a new forum, like we have for widgets… but for iOS shortcuts :smiley:

Yes restarted openHAB service

May you tell me your settings for the app and in openhab?
I can’t use the shortcuts (anymore) because there are no items so select.
Maybe I set up something wrong?

Tasker may be an alternative but I did not use it very much and iOS shortcuts I did not use at all so far.

I just tested the shortcuts app on an iPad but it’s the same as with my phone: I don’t get an item list. Do I maybe need to change some settings on the server side first?

@dirkdirk @DrRSatzteil comment above says restart OH, have you tried it??

Same for me. No items (anymore) to select. Tested at iPad and iPhone 15.5.

Yes I just did that but that’s part of my nightly backup routine anyway so I wasn’t expecting it to change anything.

Yes, I stopped and started openhab. No luck.

sudo systemctl stop openhab.service
sudo systemctl start openhab.service

What iOS version you guys running on??

The actual iOS and iPadOS 15.5.

Okay same version as me. That’s weird. By the way my device is also company managed, if anyone is wondering.

Let’s see now, @dirkdirk , here’s a screenshot of my apps settings. See if there is anything different on your end. (The email and password are the ones of myopenhab.org and not of the admin console on OH)

Always send credentials is not activated on my side and shortcuts are working.

The only difference that maybe matters is that I am using a DNS name instead of an IP and I have a https connection also to my local server.

Always send credentials is also disabled on my end.

Off topic:
Android devices have these extra options in the openHAB app (poorly translated below):
“send device information to server”.

And inside the options are:
Send info based on event
“Send alarm information”
“Send call state”

Send info based on schedule
“Based on schedule” - very 15 minutes, adjustable
“Event monitor”
(… there’s more but I don’t have my android with )

There’s also options to get the battery state, and more, iirc.
This is pretty awesome, because if we get the gps location, we can do geofencing with only standard functionality of openHAB.

By getting device stats, think about its, smartphones have shit tons of sensors. If we can map those to an item, and update the item then even old devices can get a new lease of life.
Old smartphone can become a car gps tracking device, and data shown directly in openHAB.
Other ideas for the accelerometers would also be cool, like mapping the accelerometer to different actions.
What you guys think? New change request?

Edit:
Android documentation below, as context:

Same settings for me. Still no items to select.

Maybe there is something which needs to be adjusted in openhab like the api auth?