IpCamera: New IP Camera Binding

I am on the same search too …i think for us in EU the only cam that check all boxes is the hikvision ones…

I can only find the Hikvision DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW. But most retailers do not have it in stock and I don’t know, if they have the same API as the pro cameras.

Its Important you test ALL FOUR movement methods to see which work and do not work in ODM. See below picture and note the 3 listed methods in the bottom right corner where only 1 can be selected at a time. Absolute, Relative and Continuous. The 4th method is using Presets.

A camera that has ONVIF implemented correctly will only show the methods here that the camera actually has implemented, sadly it is very very common for them to list all movements types and yet only 1 of them works.

Once you know which ones work, you can then setup openHAB to use the one that works for your camera.

i have these Escam G02 onvif with snapshot url type “http://cameraIP/tmpfs/auto.jpg” and no mjpeg.Auto descovered fine,ptz also working and snaphot too.I am trying to get mjpeg working for display at habpanel.Tried all 3 camera widgets and mjpeg is working only for a few seconds and then it stucks…Any ideas?

That can happen if your cpu can’t keep up, are you trying default settings first or did u up the frame rate and quality settings? In Linux you can watch the cpu load with the htop command.

i changed camera setting from vbr to cbr and now it works fine,thnx mate

with binding’s mjpeg function running i think iam ok…

Some further follow up.

After some guidance from Matt, I can conclude that the Pan, Tilt and Zoom does indeed work for the Reolink E1 Zoom. However, it does only support Continuous mode.
What I didn’t think of is that even if I configure “ptzContinuous=true” in the thing file, (obviously) the dimmer items for pan, tilt and zoom always send absolute movements to the camera - which it cannot handle.
But - if I send “INCREASE” and “DECREASE” values to the dimmer items, it does work.
This is actually stated in the README file, but I did not understand it. :wink:
For a “baby cam” or similar, this would be perfectly fine. But I actually wanted absolute control.
The E1 PRO does have support for “presets” (according to Reolinks windows application), so I am (once again) hoping that it also supports absolute positioning. (either one, presets or absolute mode should be fine for me).
I’ll order one of those to test out.

Also - as a sidenote. The motion alarm does not work with the binding either. But that is no stopper for me, since I have external PIRS.

1 Like

Not being able to go to specific positions at all is indeed not so good.
According to Amazon.de description from Reolink, the E1 PRO does not support FTP as destination. However, while I was investigating, I saw help articles form Reolink indicating otherwise.
Does any camera that is supported by the binding via ONVIF report alarms? I thought this requires special API support.

I just placed an order for a E1 pro. I’ll get back next week with my experience of it.

1 Like

I ordered 3 cameras to test with this great binding
a DS-2CD2043G0-I
a Dahua/Imou new Bullet
and a tplink Tapo C310
i think my money is at the Hik …but we will see :slight_smile:

Matt maybe I can change request befor -i manualy in the code? Where I can edit request to -rtsp_transport udp?

I think I found the instance, checking now, will post soon…

OK maybe you can help me a bit with your binding. Why if I edit IpCameraHandler.class and remove -rtsp_transport tcp, so I can specify it in the options, binding reports “ERROR 500 - request failed” however camera added, but not initializing???
I have tried to edit the file by adidng it into *.jar file on windows and by using VIM on Linux, all the same…

Tried to delete temporary files and cleared cache.

Sorry if did not get the way how to edit and to get what I need, so I guess things little more complicated. I need to get source code from your repository and compile modified binding I suppose.

Question which soft to use to compile it? Eclipse?

I made the needed changes and am testing them now before submitting to be merged into V3, if you move to V3 you could already be testing the change. The changes needed are not many, see here.

Is the latest ipcam-binding from openhab 2.5.10 repository the latest version or do i still have to use my manual installed ipcam-binding?

I had the 5sec mjpeg-stream error on the first official openhab repo release.

There is no difference in 2.5.9 and 2.5.10 they both have an issue if you try to record a GIF with a length different to 5 seconds. You need to download the special jar if you want the fix. In V3 the bug is fixed in M1 and newer.

OK, thanks, can you fix the one made for 2.5.10 too?

I think it would be only possible to fix it for a future release - maybe 2.5.11 - and not for an already released version?

Hi again,
Received the Reolink E1 Pro this afternoon.
It does indeed support pre sets and Continuous mode for the Pan and Tilt.
It works just fine in ONVIF device manager, and I am also able to add it to the Hikvision NVR as an ONVIF camera - with full controls.
I am running Openhabian on a RPI4 4GB, Openhab Release Build 2.5.10.
On this system I cannot add it using this binding. The thing gets status “offline-communication error”. This occurs both when I add it via Paper UI or a “manual” thing configuration, as per below

Thing ipcamera:onvif:Reolink "Reolink" @ "camera"
[
    ipAddress="192.168.1.35",
    username="My_Username",
     password="My_Password",
    serverPort=10053,
    onvifPort=8000,
    ptzContinuous=true,
    //ffmpegInput="rtsp://My_Username:My_Password@192.168.1.35:554/h264Preview_01_main/",
    ffmpegOutput="/var/lib/openhab2/camera/camera3/"
]

Strangely enough, the “presets” still works from Openhab. No video output though.
I have tried to manually set the ffmpegInput to the stream given by ODM. But still no luck.
@matt1, may I send you a “startup log” for review?

Please send the TRACE level log when the binding try’s to connect and make sure it is the only camera so I don’t have multiple cameras to try and detangle logs for.

EDIT: Suspect the NVR is blocking the comms, try taking the NVR out of the path.

Hello, I am looking for the apiAccess function for Dahua camera as describe here.
Is there a chance to have it implemented into the next openHAB binding version and when ?

1 Like

That feature was removed for security reasons. Some of the API commands can delete user accounts and more. If your on 2.5.x then you could use a version that had the feature in it. One of these will have it.