Is the management of user roles in the karaf framework using jaas useful?

Hi everyone,

I have already post this question in this post, but I ask it again here because it was not enough clear in the previous post.

I actually implement the command to add/remove/change a role of a user in OpenHAB in the class UserConsoleCommandExtension.java at the location
org.openhab.core.io.console/src/main/java/org/openhab/core/io/console/internal/extension/UserConsoleCommandExtension.java
and in the bundle:
org.openhab.core.io.console
as requested in this issue.

However, in the karaf framework for the command jaas (Java Authentication and Authorization Service), there is the command jaas:group-add, jaas:role-add, etc. as shown in the image below:

I wonder if it is necessary that I implement the necessary modules for the jaas: command in the karaf console too?

Can someone confirm if it is necessary or useful to implement the modules to add/remove roles in the karaf framework too? Explain if it is more secure to do it with the jaas ? Explain why if not, and if it is enough to only implement it in the bundle org.openhab.core.io.console.

Thank you,

Nicolas Gennart.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.