Is there a Simpler way to split a string

I took a peak and in the time this PR has sat around, the build system has been replaced with BND., so it would not be a quick and easy task to get this built.

Thanks, I’ll abandon that one, I got as far as do I have an Oracle account / send me a password reset in the instructions. As I haven’t received a password reset I likely don’t…
That’s the thing I struggle with, as I’m no longer full time in the IT industry I have no idea what “BND” is let alone what implications moving to it has so you’ve just saved me a lot of time and frustration.
My convoluted rule works so I’ll see if I can slim it down a bit :grinning:

1 Like

Note that the Envoy binding isn’t doing all that much. A simple curl command gets the data for you (replace the 6 digits with the last part of your serial number - see this). You can then use the rest API through another curl call to pump the data to an Item. And a script can modify the data or parse it as needed. Probably significantly less time to do this than to try to rebuild the binding.

curl -s --anyauth --user envoy:083581 http://169.254.120.1/api/v1/production/inverters

That’s exactly what I’m currently doing albeit with a 152 line rule. I have to use the installer user on mine as the envoy user doesn’t work on my ancient Envoy. That’s an interesting link.

You might find it easier to code the parsing in python or another language, then POST to Items instead of trying to write the rules in DSL. May or may not be easier that way.

For a sample, you can see this post. It’s for a propane tank, but it’s the same idea. Get the data and parse it a bit in python, then POST it to openHAB.

1 Like