Issue with HomeMatic

Hi,

I am using a CCU3 as a bridge for my HomeMatic devices.
Everything worked well without any issues. After the update to the OnpenHAB 2.5 Release (coming from the milestone build) I am encountering connection issues (might be a coincidence as I am not 100% sure if the issue occured right on the next day after the update, but the update is the only thing that changed in the meantime).

Every day (typically in the morning) the OpenHAB now log reads:

2019-12-29 16:01:08.671 [ERROR] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Total timeout 15000 ms elapsed

java.io.IOException: Total timeout 15000 ms elapsed
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:98) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:102) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:67) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.RpcClient.setDatapointValue(RpcClient.java:334) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.AbstractHomematicGateway$1.execute(AbstractHomematicGateway.java:686) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.misc.DelayedExecuter.start(DelayedExecuter.java:65) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.AbstractHomematicGateway.sendDatapoint(AbstractHomematicGateway.java:665) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.AbstractHomematicGateway.sendDatapoint(AbstractHomematicGateway.java:644) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.handler.HomematicThingHandler.sendDatapoint(HomematicThingHandler.java:306) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.handler.HomematicThingHandler.handleCommand(HomematicThingHandler.java:282) [bundleFile:?]
[...]

If I reboot the openHAB (i.e. rebooting the Raspberry Pi its running on using openHABian), it works again - but only until the next day or so.
Does anyone encounter similar issues since the update?

Have you tried stopping OH, cleaning the cache and rebooting since the update?

Hi,
thanks for the ultra-fast response.
I did not do so yet. I followed the commands described here. Hopefully it helps - I know that tomorrow I guess.

Edit: I needed to run sudo openhab-cli reset-ownership in order for OH to start again.

Hi @H102,

while I did not face any issues yesterday, today the log displays the issue above again.
Do you have any other ideas for me?

Change the log level via the console to DEBUG and/or TRACE to see if you get any additional info that could help.

Info for using the console.