Thank You @Alex,

In addition, the improved/simplified sample configuration in the official KNX-Binding documentation:

Hi Together,
i am absolutely also an beginner. My Openhab is running on Raspberry Pi3b+.
Also i have the problem that my KNX devices showing me Offline after a few minutes/hours.

My KNX/IP Gateway is showing ONLINE. Can somebody explain wahat exactly have to be configured in the Gateway?
I checked also the Documentation but i cant find the right way.
What is the meaning of the IP Adress: (IP Adress of the FRITZ BOX??) and Local IP: IP Adress of Raspberry?

I am running the Gateway in Tunnel Mode.

THANKS Markus

hi,
I am beginner with OH,
I try to access to my KNX network by OH. so far without success!
I am using Windows version of openhab and Gira X1 as KNX getway.

is it possible to connect to KNX using PC and Win10 or I need to install OH on rasberry PI?
can I configure OH by paper UI or I need to use also Visual Studio?
so far all folders are empty:

Hello Krzyzsztof,

first of all: Welcome to openHAB.
I first started openHAB on Windows, but soon figured out that running on Linux has many benefits. when dealing with external scripts or executables (just my opinion).
So besides being more familiar with Windows you may consider switching to Linux. Try openhabian, it´s easy to setup and after the installation you already have a fully running OH with all the nasty bits set.

You may also consider reading the post on how to ask a good question, it helps us to help you.
What exactly haveyou done so far ? Installed the knx.binding ? Created the bridge thing ? Created the thing to control a knx-device plus corresponding items ?
You see your question is not easy to answer without further knowledge of your setup.

After you installed the knx-binding (Do not use the old 1.8 Binding but the 2.x one!) you have to configure the bridge within the PaperUI (you can do so in text files as well, but this is easier for beginners).
The IP address to enter is the address of your KNX IP interface. Local network address can be left blank, the device address can be set to 0.0.0. Port is 3671.

I personally use the KNX IP Bridge Weinzierl 730 and a second Interface from MDT for backup reasons (No advertising, just for information).

The X1 should provide an IP-Interface you can use.
Please look up in ETS (or in your router) which IP address the X1 interface has.
As soon as the gateway thing is online in Paper UI you can continue by adding a simple switch actor. After that is online you go for the channels and the required items as described in the binding documentation.

Regards
Oggerschummer

hi,
thx for quick feedback and advices,
finally i found solution to get access to X1, I have changed security level under ETS to OFF(before AUTOMATIC):
so now I can switch one lamp from openHAB :slight_smile:

Goal for me is to use OH as bridge to Google Home and voice control of my KNX network.
Now I will buy raspebrry PI to continue learning…

I am having trouble making it work aswell. Had it working once but then didnt again. Set the Bridge up with local address as the actual address and 0.0.0 Both shows it online. Then I created a thing (All using paper UI) called KNX Device. That however only shows online if I set the Interface to 0.0.0 I have setup a chanel with the address of 0/0/12 which is supposed to be the general address which turns all lights on in the whole room. This works perfectly fine using the Eibport app (Eibport v2 is installed) and using the switches. I have checked what the actuator used is for the switches and the app by looking into the bus disagnostics tab in ETS 5. Everything is running on WIN10 with the latest version of OpenHAB2 and KNX Binding. I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards
Philip

I am having the same problem of device being offline while IP gateway is online.

Also, I have got the IP Gateway to be online with lot of trial and errors.

Bridge knx:ip:bridge [
type=“ROUTER”,
ipaddress=“192.168.0.200”,
portNumber=3671,
localIp=“192.168.0.1”,
readingPause=50,
responseTimeout=10,
readRetriesLimit=5,
autoReconnectPeriod=60,
localSourceAddr=“1.1.1” ]
{
Thing device SwitchActuator “KNXSA/S8.10.1_1.1.8”@“OfficeArea” [
address=“1.1.8”,
fetch=true,
pingInterval=300,
readInterval=3600
] {
Type switch:demoSwitch “Light” [ ga=“0/0/9” ]
}
}

Is there anyway to debug the situation what has gone wrong. I am unable to make out much from the debug information in the terminal.

2020-09-07 14:54:04.071 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:device:bridge:SwitchActuator’ changed from OFFLINE to UNKNOWN

2020-09-07 14:54:04.076 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘knx:device:bridge:SwitchActuator’ has been updated.

2020-09-07 14:54:19.076 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:device:bridge:SwitchActuator’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE

This message is not about the status (online/offline) of the Thing.
It’s about the actual Thing properties e.g. an address or type.

I know little of KNX but I suggest that when the binding tried to bring this Thing online, it found some mismatch between what you have configured and and real properties (possibly in a parent Bridge/parent Thing).

Thanks rossko I have sort of got this working earlier. I am unsure if I was using an IPR/S. however, right now I am using ABB IPS/S .

While I have the configuration of bridge as below. 192.168.0.200 is the IP address of my IP Gateway and please note IP gateway is shown as online. My issue is with the Actuator.

2020-09-07 21:46:53.010 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:ip:bridge’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE

2020-09-07 21:46:53.032 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:device:bridge:SwitchActuator’ changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2020-09-07 21:46:53.038 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:ip:bridge’ changed from ONLINE to UNKNOWN

2020-09-07 21:46:53.043 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘knx:ip:bridge’ has been updated.

2020-09-07 21:46:53.047 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:ip:bridge’ changed from UNKNOWN to ONLINE

2020-09-07 21:46:53.051 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:device:bridge:SwitchActuator’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE) to UNKNOWN

2020-09-07 21:47:06.051 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘knx:device:bridge:SwitchActuator’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE

I have been able to get this working.

I followed the other thread. Gateway online

While, in the above configuration if I remove the address (I consider this to be physical address) 1.1.8 which is my actual PA for Switch actuator, it works !

1 Like