Kodi inputaction

3 volume buttons, bottom right, you can see in the screenshot.

On Android at least, I change scaling options to small, in a couple of areas, and that gets the whole screen a bit closer to how it looks on the PC. Perhaps there is some equivalent setting on an Ipad?
I believe one is in display settings, and the other is in chrome app itself.
You can even disable mobile scaling all together in the chrome://flags area.

Oh yes I see the volume now I was only looking for a slider style controll

I don’t have many options available on the ipad as im using a kiosk browser app too access the habpannel

If you can show me a screenshot, I can better understand where the problem is.

@gman

The problem is because the widget is sized so small it works nice when set bigger but like I say I haven’t really got the screen space

By the way this is a very nice widget thanks for uploading that Im looking forward too the kodi version

That looks odd, not how it looks on mine, or did you modify the css? I don’t see the green gradient or shadows, does the image become full colour when you hold your finger on it?

That is a very small space for the control to fit in to, the play back buttons could be changed to square instead of rectangle, that may fit it in to the space you require. The Kodi version definitely won’t fit in to that small space though due to the extra buttons.

I have not modified anything atm I wouldent know where too start I just downloaded it from the widget gallery in search for the kodi version

I agree that it’s a very small space and might even be hard too press the buttons on the widget this when this small

Yes it does

This is how it looks on Chrome on Android, on a 10" tablet.

1 Like

It looks very nice and might even not fit in with my pannel as mines very basic

Is there a walkthrough for getting started at custom simple widgets?
is it hard too get simple stuff working like 3 grouped sliders? Grouped buttons?

I don’t know how too code but I’m not stupid

And I’m not expecting anything like you have created atm I would just like too tidy my pannel up and make it more appealing

Should I just be looking into SITEMAPS atm?

I could probably convert that to a vertical layout using the movie cover image, instead of fan art. Get rid of the playback buttons bottom left, and add them to the right instead. That would probably fit panels like yours better?

Have you tried just as a test to use my theme, change your theme to orange tree, and use my css override available here HABPanel RELOADED - Modern THEME / SKIN + Custom Widgets, I’d be interested to see how that looked if it fit differently, as I’ve made untold changes to the theme css now, something could be interfering maybe. You can switch back to your old theme after.

It’s worth doing in my oppinionore choices in the widget gallery are always good

I will have another read through your post and get back too you

1 Like

@gman

I have been looking into this some more I have not installed your theme but I have edited some of your code for this widget

The pixel size of the buttons fixed my button problem the position on the widget was also off it doesn’t stick too the size of the pannel that I placed in habpannel

But looking into it more alot of my problems seem to be device related I fixed my problems for the widget with habpannel hosted on a computer and an android tablet but loading on the ipad mini things are far from perfect my browsers on the ipad also say they don’t support themes

So I’m under the assumption that your widget is fine it’s the device that’s hosting it too blame

Thanks for the update. The buttons were smaller to begin with but we’re too small to press. Glad you got it sorted a bit.

sorry to wake up a old thread but with the currenttime how do you get it to update every second? at the moment it updates between 5-15 seconds. i have set the Connection Refresh Interval to 1 second. everything is up to date. im using openbahian

Hi @nick_woodforth,

The Kodi the has a refreshInterval configuration parameter to adjust the polling frequency. Default value is 10s. Try to increase it.

hey @cweitkamp
when you say Kodi. do you mean the Kodi Binding or the Kodi software.
in the binding i can only find Connection refresh intercal and have set it to 1 second. and nothing inside kodi software.

I am talking about the Kodi binding. Sry if my answer was not clear enough.

@cweitkamp
all good. as you can see from my screen shot in my previous comment, only 2 items has time commands. notification timeout and refresh interval. refresh interval as you said default was 10sec. i tried at 30 secs and was getting updates from 30-34secs. have it at 1 sec but only getting 5-15secs. not the ideal 1sec

I am not sure if we deal with a restriction of the Kodi JSON-RPC interface in this case. My I ask you to enable DEBUG or TRACE logging while testing? This will show us if the binding sends the request with the specified refreshInterval or not.

ok so i worked out the problem. my network was in a degrading state. after a reboot of the network its working as it should be. next part i haven’t worked out yet is how to skip to a time.

Sounds good.

I am afraid that is not possible with the Kodi binding.