Kodi inputaction

is it also possible for OH to make kodi to update or cleanup the library

I’m going too be ready too try this soon I’m slightly worried I have quite a few rules that revolve around my kodi machines how do you uninstall a binding will this damage my rules that use the old binding

The Kodi API provides methods for those tasks. But the Kodi binding currently doesn’t support them. Maybe you can work out a solution based on curl.

Do you use Kodi as an audio sink for notifications? If not I expect no breaking changes for your rules.

I’m using a Google home for notifications ect

Sorry this has took awhile to get around too looking at and thanks again.

I have finally made a copy of my openhab setup to a different machine for testing purposes so i’m feeling up to trying this out now that there no risk of damaging my setup.

I’m still pretty new to all this so i’m unsure if i have done this correctly

I have uninstalled the old kodi binding using paperUI and then downloaded the version you linked and moved that too my addons folder …

when i checked for a new channel nothing appeared i also deleted and re added my kodi thing same results any ideas whats wrong ?

the binding that i uninstalled was an old version that didnt have the inputaction channel

See

i did recreate my item and look under the show more options

No new channels appeared no duration or input action

Where should I downloaded the binding from github or the one linked at the top of the thread

Second part

I always click show more

OK, which link did you use?

I have tried both still same results

The channel should be available in the latest snapshot version. Maybe you want to upgrade your new test environment and use the binding version delivered with it?

I will try and let you know where can i get the snapshot version github ?

I am now running openhab v2.3 stable and am still not seeing an inputaction channel or a progress bar channel

Dear Aaron,

Are you sure you don’t have an older manually installed binding file in your addons/ folder? The inputaction channel should be available in the latest stable.

We never planned to introduce such a channel. I introduced new channels duration, currenttime and currenttimepercentage. Those can be used to implement a progress bar widget for HABPanel. But be aware that this feature has been merged after the latest release. Meaning those three are only available in the 2.4 snapshot version.

Hi again Chris thanks again for the reply i’m still not having much luck with this

Searching for kodi in the main root folder of OH only returns binding v2.3.0

This folder is empty apart from the readme file

i only called it that as i was unsure what it was called
But the input action channel should be there

i run 3 different kodi installs in my house all 3 are the same no inputaction channel
here is a full screenshot of what channels are available in my paperUI

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but it seemed relevant.

I was happily running the Kodi binding for some time, and I’m in the process of making a Kodi remote, for which I’d very much like to add the percentage progress bar from snapshot 2.4.0, and inputaction from 2.3.0

So I noticed that I couldn’t find the inputaction, after some time I realised I needed to update the Kodi binding and I was on 2.2 I believe. I added the snapshot manually to the addon folder the same way I have for other bindings, but the Kodi binding doesn’t work again afterwards. I can no longer auto discover Kodi, or manually add it, because when adding a new thing, the Kodi binding doesn’t appear on the list in Paperui anymore.

I deleted the old Kodi thing from the previous binding, and this is where I’m stuck, unable to add it again.

To make things worse, when trying to add the Kodi binding, it uninstalled every other binding at the same time.

I just need to get the latest snapshot running so I can add these features to my remote.

1 Like

That would be nice

For now I had to reinstall the old Kodi binding, which means none of the extra remote control functions work apart from the basic playback stuff, so I can’t finish the widget until I can work out how to successfully update from 2.2.0 to 2.4.0.

@Sharpy Did you manage to update the Kodi binding? Still no luck this end.