Kostal Binding can not use things for PICO10 in openhab3

Hey.
Is this binding still working on your side?
I am not able, to get it working:

tried it just now with add “demo.thing” as mentioned here:

but this did not work, as well.

Hi,
I see that you tried to get in touch with me earlier, I have totally missed that, my excuses for that.
Please, try with http://192.168.0.XX
There are differenses between how URL is configured.
In First and Second Generation as: http://192.168.156.91
In Third Generation as: 192.168.156.91

BR Basse

Hey.
Thanks for the answer.
Now i’m a little bit confused. After i add the “demo.thing” and writing my first post in this Thread, i looked again on my openhab, and it was online.
Now it is working alway. Doesn’t mater, if i add it by *.things file, or by openhab webpage.

I have no clue, what i did the first 10, 15 tries different…

Hey @Basse_03
After the connection ran last night, i shut down the virtual machine and my PC.
Switched it on round about a hour ago, and it is offline again. :frowning:
Disabeld and enabled the “Thing”, but it stays offline.

Any tips how to debug this?

Thanks,
Tuffi

Hi,
The latest changes are still not merged.
But you can please try as:
In Main-UI / Administration / Settings / Things / + / Select Kostal Kostal Inverter Binding / Select KOSTAL PIKO 10-20 / Fill in information !!! Note !! Set Inverter type to True, then set Inverter type to False again !!

For some reason, a change must be made to Configuration for to have the Thing ONLINE.
Please, let me know how it goes.
BR Basse

Hey.
I tried this a view times. Also toggle the “Inverter Type” bevore save.
Still offline.
Also tried to do it via demo.things.

Thing kostalinverter:piko1020:piko15 [ url="http://192.168.156.91", username="pvserver", password="xxx", refreshInterval=60, hasBattery=false]

But this today not working :-/

What i think is strange, that the same config is not working anymore.
the openhab logfile is not very helpful either.
Same as in my other Thread:

Was there something interesting changed?
Is it maybe possible to test it via .jar file or something similar?

Thanks,
Tuffi

Tried it now like described on this page:

with the Snapshot version
3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (#2678)
But it is not working either.

The Inverter Type is no moore required, problems with hanging after some week or so seems to be fixed in the latest version(still not merged)
You can try to http://192.168.0.xx/api/dxs.json?dxsEntries=67109120 in a Web -browser just to check that the inverter answers as {“dxsEntries”:[{“dxsId”:67109120,“value”:0.000000}],“session”:{“sessionId”:0,“roleId”:0},“status”:{“code”:0}} or something similar

I use to install it in The GUI, maybe you have to clean the config files and reinstall, but first delete all Thing and channels.
I am quit shure that you have done all these things already, but if it possible to get data as above from the inverter, must there be something that got stucked.
I just saw your latest info. I am just running 3.2.0 on an raspberry
But first try to connect to the inverter as above and check, and maybe even restart the inverter, you have then to disconnect the power to the inverter to have the Inverter Web-server to reboot.

I think i get the correct response.
From my PC:

And from the openhab virtual machine in the terminal:

$ lynx http://192.168.156.91/api/dxs.json?dxsEntries=67109120
{"dxsEntries":[{"dxsId":67109120,"value":0.000000}],"session":{"sessionId":0,"roleId":0},"status":{"code":0}}

before i installed the Snapshot version, i purged openhab
sudo apt purge openhab
I think this is deleting all config files and stuff.

Should i still restart the inverter?

The line you got back is for just one of all parameters that the binding catch, so I am quit shure that the inverter do what is expected of it, so I don’t think you need to reboot it.
I will be away for some hour, but Please keep on trying, I will be back asap.

1 Like

And it is online again. I wasn’t even doing anything on the machine…
Regarding the logfile, at 16:54 o’clock.

2022-01-05 16:54:41.118 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'kostalinverter:piko1020:024a0c98ac' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.lang.NullPointerException:null to ONLINE
2022-01-05 16:54:41.120 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'KOSTALPIKO15_GridOutputPower' changed from NULL to 0 W

Is it only working, when the sun is not shining o.O

A question that probably has nothing to do with my problem.
I found the following page, in german, where I can see the different values for dxsId.
https://www.msxfaq.de/sonst/iot/kostal15.htm
I tried 251658753 for Yield Total, and got the correct value back.
I tried it from various PCs on my network, and even though I didn’t specify login credentials, i got the correct value.
Why is it then necessary to store the login credentials in the openhab Thing?

That is so far Great, but very strange behavior I think, and you have to test even with sun.
I started with the Second Generation part for some years ago and had a very hard time to even found the different dxsId’s. But this is very interesting info.

About login credentials, if you have a battery connected, I am not very,very shure, it’s some years ago since I did this part, but if you will be able to do configuration-changes regarded to the battery will you need these. So better to just have like that.

I my self has an PIKO12 without battery, I live in Sweden and we got money back from the government regarded to how much power we have used under 1 Year, like 0.06 Euro / kWh, if we of course also has produced and sell the same amount. So it is not so good affair for us to have batterys installed therebye.

Please, let me know how everything went further on.
Br Basse

Thanks for the explanation.
For now i will not shut down my PC (+virtual machine) and will have a look on the logs.
Which FW and UI version do you have on the Piko 15?
Maybe it has something to do with it?

My infos page:

Today at 08:20 am, openhab lost the connection to the inverter again.

08:20:08.826 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'kostalinverter:piko1020:024a0c98ac' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.lang.NullPointerException:null

Trough the night there were 9 connection losses, but each only for 1 second.

Trough the json string, i still get values at this moment.
From the same machine, on which openhab is running.
The values are changing.
CHANNEL_DC1VOLTAGE:

$ curl http://192.168.156.91/api/dxs.json?dxsEntries=33555202
{"dxsEntries":[{"dxsId":33555202,"value":352.566284}],"session":{"sessionId":0,"roleId":0},"status":{"code":0}}
$ curl http://192.168.156.91/api/dxs.json?dxsEntries=33555202
{"dxsEntries":[{"dxsId":33555202,"value":356.265411}],"session":{"sessionId":0,"roleId":0},"status":{"code":0}}

It looks like the connection is getting lost, when the operating Status is changing.
But i can not figure out why.

If you or anybody else doesn’t have a better idea, my next step would be to put the red DC switch to OFF, and force the inverter in another operating state.
But under the week, i am leaving home in the morning when it is dark, an coming back in the evening, when it is dark again. Earliest i can try it, is on saturday.

Ideas what to do are highly appreciated.

Hi,
so it seems to be the inverter that is the cause for your problems.
One quick and rather easy thing to try to do, is to reboot the inverter. I have had to do that maybe tvice over all years. So set the DC switch to OFF then put the power-fuses( I assume that the inverter are connected to the grid with their own fuses) OFF and wait some minute or so, then ON and then the DC switch to ON and and wait for the inverter to boot. I have read that it’s not enough to just use the DC switch for to have the inverters Web-server to reboot.

Just now is there blue sky and sun here and like 4,7kW from the roofs, and a price of round 0,2 Euro for 1kWh so hopefully will I use my own power for at least som hours today.

My inverter is like:

BR Basse

1 Like

I will come back to you tomorrow.
I remembered just now, that i forgot to put the DC switch back on, after rebooting the inverter…

The reboot of the whole converter by switching of the “grid” Power Fuse for 5 Minutes was not helping.
Same behaviour.
By curling in the shell i get Data, but the openhub binding is offline :-/

Hi,
Thank’s for the info, and I’m sorry that you have had to wait for an answer, there has been some busy days.
I think I might have found a cause for yours or rather a general problem regarded to this.
I have done some changes regarded to Second Generation and have not seen that there has been an code-change regarded the entire binding. All 3 generations is possible to use from the very same binding, which is very good. I have to check more just to be shure of my thoughts.
I will be back asap.
BR Basse

Hey.
Thanks for the Info.
Take your time. For me, it is not very important.
If you need me to test something, it would be a pleasure.