LampUX Wifi Bulbs

Does anyone here have any experience with LampUX bulbs?

I picked one up off of Amazon a couple of weeks back hoping to make it work with OH, the price was decent so I figured why not?
Amazon Link

I have installed the Wifi LED binding and it did not detect it, I tried adding it manually but thats doesn’t seem to be working either sadly. The odd thing about it is that the device doesn’t have a normal IP on my network, 192.168.x.x. It has its own IP of 69.168.151.19 and I can ping it from other devices in my network, such as my OH box but for some reason can not connect to it.

Admittedly I am a noob on working with these bulbs, so I am not sure what exactly to be on the lookout for but with some guidance I can most likely figure it out, just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Any guidance or help on this would be great. Thanks for reading.

~T

What app do they use?

@vzorglub This is the app I am using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lampux.ledbrighter&hl=en_CA

I was hoping they were Tuya compatible but they are not
Cheap blubs often are

I am afraid but unless the company provide an api to control the bulbs you are going to have to look for a workaround

Have they been controlled by home assistant or node-red?

Ah damn, thats too bad.
I did some searching but did not come across any other implementations of this with other systems. Not even an API sadly.

I was of the same mind thinking that because they were cheap that they may be based on something like Tuya and work without too much hassle.

I may take some time and see if I can proxy the app and capture the calls it’s making, may give me a starting point for things.

1 Like

So I’ve got the same bulb and a similar problem. I’d like to be able to use Node Red and OpenHAB with it, but am struggling.

I think “62.168.151.19” is a red herring, as this is most likely your ISP provisioned IP address for your home WhoIs

IFTTT works with it like a dream btw (and may be a good shortcut for the moment. You could set up a webhook using the SmartLife app that OpenHAB or NodeRed trigger to turn the lamp on and off…), but what I want to do it have it turn OFF n seconds after it’s been turned on. The native automation app looks like it supports this functionality, but I’ve not successfully manage to get this working yet.

That is really interesting @Belial I never even considered the IP as being my public IP address of my ISP but it looks like you are right.

That is really odd that it would work like that but makes sense. I am still curious to sniff the traffic of the app to see what it’s doing, just need the time I look at it.

I haven’t tried to make the bulb do anything else yet other than just turn it off/on. I did link it to my Google Home so it can be controlled by that but my main goal is to have everything integrated into OH.

I will let you know if I figure anything out, nice to know others are looking at this as well :slight_smile:

Did anyone ever get these working? I’m having the same issue. The wifiled binding doesn’t work.

I did find the ip addresses of the individual bulbs, however, using a combination of the LampUX app and my wifi router. In the app, tap the device and then in the top-right tap the edit icon. Down toward the bottom of the edit screen you’ll see Check Device Network — tap that. (Make sure you’re on the same wifi network as the lights.) The result will be a list of Signal Strength, IP address (which is wrong) and Mac Address. Make note of the Mac Address.

Go to your router’s admin page, to DHCP list, and browse the list of devices connected to your network. They should all have a Mac Address and IP Address listed. Just match the Mac Address from the app to the list and voila, IP Address.

Don’t know if it helps, I flashed mine with tasmota using tuya-convert.

Now it’s completely local and is controlled over Mqtt.

They wrote, newer ones doesn’t work, but I get the bulb few weeks ago from Amazon.

Here’s your answer folks. I’ll even do something nobody else did and write it step by step.

1. Get IP address of LED from your router. Note the MAC address.
  2. Add Item WifiLED in openHab.
  3. Click “Advanced Settings.”
  4. Enter IP address.
  5. Device protocol should be: LD382A
  6. Change port number to 6668
  7. Change device driver to “Fading”

Save settings. You should see your device come online.

Link to screenshot.