LGWebOS Binding (for LG WebOS TVs)

I have followed your instructions and it works !!!

I can confirm that the volume and mute are working both ways.

Thank you so much

Shmil

Pull Request for this fix has been opened: #9079

Can you tell how you can see state of bundle from karaf? Also have you remove the old binding from karaf or from file add-on?

bundle:list | grep LG

250 ā”‚ Active ā”‚  80 ā”‚ 2.5.10                  ā”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: LG webOS Binding

bundle:uninstall 250

Thanks a lot!

Hello guys,
Iā€™m stuck with one question and canā€™t find answer anywhere.
I have a LG webos TV, Iā€™m using openHAB binding to control it, sometimes it is very useful. Everything works fine.
Iā€™ve done everything like in examples from documentation. Iā€™m using basic interface, and in sitemap I use text item ā€œLG_TV_Summaryā€ which expands and there are all other items (power, volume controls etc.). I have a rule, which creates text for that summary item when TV is turned on or off, volume or running application is changed.
The problem is - I canā€™t access application name in rule.
In interface this String item displays applicationā€™s name, but when I try to access item state in rule, it gives me application ID (for example ā€œyoutube.leanback.v4ā€ instead of ā€œYouTubeā€).
Is there any solution or advices what can I try to get application name from item in rule?

Hi, I noticed that the mediaPlayer doesnā€™t get updated when using the remote control to play/pause a movie for instance. Also found #7356 that seems to be about exactly that problem.

I would really like this to work. Are there any other ways to solve this? Perhaps using a different approach than ConnectSDK?

1 Like

Hello, I was able to control my tv by means of the LG webos binding, my problem is that when it turns off and more than 5 minutes pass it goes offline in openhab and that is why it cannot turn on, it has activated the ignition via wifi and the LG connect apps, what should I do to prevent this from happening?

Welcome @Victor_Garcia

Did this resolve in the mean time?

It seems your device goes into some power saving mode. But I also cannot tell you exactly how to prevent it. You may have to experiment with those settings.

Kind Regards
Sebastian

Hi @sprehn,
Thank you for the great work with this binding. I am using the browser application to check the status of my openHAB system - it just works perfect for me.
Maybe you can give me a hint with another topic: I would like to switch the soundOutput of my LG TV to lineout in order to use my external speakers for the movie night.
I have read the binding documentation and checked the available applications. I am trying to change the SoundOutput by
actions.launchApplication(ā€œcom.palm.app.settingsā€,ā€{ā€¦}ā€)
But Iā€™m still struggling with the parameters of this application.
I would be pleased if you or any other forum member could give me a hint how to switch the SoundOutput from tv_speaker to lineout.
Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Tom

openHAB - 2.5.12
binding-lgwebos - 2.5.12
webOS ā€“ 1.4.0-2532

Hi,

Iā€™m on 2.5.12 but I still get the following:
Error while processing message: {"type":"response","id":2,"payload":{"volumeStatus":{"activeStatus":true,"adjustVolum e":true,"maxVolume":100,"muteStatus":false,"volume":2,"mode":"normal","soundOutput":"tv_speaker"},"returnValue":true,"callerId":"secondscreen.client"}} - in response to request: ServiceComma nd [type=subscribe, target=ssap://audio/getVolume, payload=null] - Error Message: null

I switched from on old LG tv to a new one. This is the only this which doesnā€™t work. What am I doing wrong?

Indeed this is only fixed in OHv3 and was not merged back to 2.5

was not considered critical

Hello I tried to use an image in my toast but it doesnā€™t work.
Toast without Image works. Image is available when retrieved manually and is accessible.

Did you use a URL as src of the image:

actions.showToast("http://localhost:8080/icon/energy?format=png","Hello World")

obviously replace localhost with your openhab host name or ip

1 Like

Hi, thanks. I tried ip localhost http https nothing. I setup a debug tommorow, and write back.

The TV will open the URL and if it is localhost the image would have to be on the TV itself.
If the image is hosted on your openhab box, then it also has to be the openhab host name.

yes, in know :grinning:
I could reach it from the tv built-in Browser.
But nothing happens if I call the same url in the rule.

the command
actions.showToast(text) ends in
2021-02-10 23:22:41.400 [DEBUG] [hab.binding.lgwebos.internal.action.LGWebOSActions] - Response: CommandConfirmation [returnValue=true]

actions.showToast(url,text) ends in nothing

debug_lg.log (15.8 KB)

This works

val url = "http://192.168.195.250:30007/icon/energy?format=png"   
val text = "Nothing happens here." 
val actions = getActions("lgwebos","lgwebos:WebOSTV:2d7b8679-8f87-f8a5-2189-f93d64761034")
actions.showToast(text)

This not

val url = "http://192.168.195.250:30007/icon/energy?format=png"   
val text = "Nothing happens here." 
val actions = getActions("lgwebos","lgwebos:WebOSTV:2d7b8679-8f87-f8a5-2189-f93d64761034")
actions.showToast(url, text)

What Iā€™m missing here?

I had the same. On the older LGTV, the custom picture display worked. But the newer one (OLED65B8PLA) does not accept custom pictures and therefore does not display the toast messages. The only solution is the action without the picture(-url).
I remember, I found somewhere the information, newer models do not allow custom images.

see: