Lidl (Silvercrest) Smart Home (Zigbee version) integration

Is there any option to integrate new Lidl’s Silvercrest Smart Home devices that use Zigbee?

Link: https://www.lidl.si/smart-home

The gw seems to be rebranded Tuya Zigbee gateway.

1 Like

Hi Nejc,
I got the SmartPlug

and the lightstrip

working via Zigbee2MQTT.
Cheers, Thorsten

Plugs are working with Hue as well, I just tried.
From the IDs provided the system could be a rebranded “Tuya” system. It recognized a problematic 4-button Tuya-switch with full functionality (single click, double and long press), that was working neither with Hue nor with the ZigBee Binding.

I’m going to buy some plugs later today, since there is a special offer at Lidl this week in Germany.
The integration should be easy using zigbee2mqtt. I can tell you more this afternoon.

@thor72
I was thinking about using the light-strip in the kitchen as a working lamp beneath a wall cupboard. Can you tell me if the brightness would be sufficient?

Edit:
Silvercrest Lightbulb (LivarnoLux) is documented here: https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/TS0502A.html
Like expected, the integration into OpenHAB (OH3) works flawlessly.

Edit2:
Plug is a TuYa TS011F and also works like expected, just set ON or OFF to the command topic (zigbee2mqtt/<friendly name>/set).

Hey,

any chance of connecting the lidl gateway to Openhab?

I am thinking of setting up a zigbee network and would like to have the initial set all from the same supplier (and since LIDL is cheap worth looking into). It says they are zigbee 3.0; I played around with the zigbee binding but didnt know what coordinator to use.

I saw zigbee2mqtt would solve most problems as the LIDL hardware seems to be rebranded tuya but im hesitating on using a “selfmade” gateway as first approach (newbie here).

Hints?

1 Like

Seems there is no way (for now) in using lidl gateway. I ended up buying “gateway” from ebay:

Works like a charm with zigbee2mqtt… it should work also with zigbee binding (haven’t tried it yet).

Using CC2531 stick seemed like a better idea since all zigbee devices should work and i have some from different vendors (ikea, lidl, …). And the price is also fair (cheaper than propriety gateways). Setup was easy since I already use MQTT for some home made devices…

Best regards,
Nejc

1 Like

In my opinion the LED strips will be bright enough

1 Like

Hey I’m going to second that, ordered same equipment.

Did you use zigbee binding or zigbee2mqtt binding?

(also offtopic: Did you get tradfri IKEA bulbs? If so, works without having the remote control?)

IKEA bulbs work without remote controll using zigbee2mqtt… probably also using zigbee binding.

Just purchased the Lidl Smart Home Gateway. Also interested in a binding that intgrates the gateway into Openhab (like Ikea Tradfri)

Same for me, or is it discarded money, that we buy the gateway?

See my comment at https://www.reddit.com/r/tradfri/comments/k3iasp/lidl_smart_home_zigbee_30/gfjd2pm?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 where I explain how it works for me at the moment.

If I read correctly, you make Lidl stuff work with Tradfri. I wonder however how I can het the Lidl gateway integrated in Openhab. I have no Ikea stuff, only the Lidl gateway and some Lidl bulbs.

I updated my answer, now the LED strip from Lidl appears in Google Home that is connected with Trådfri.

If you get the gateway connected to OpenHAB, please let us know :slight_smile:

It’s the same for me. I buy the starter set, because i didn’t have a gateway yet.
It’s my intention to add a zigbee thermostat later on, in combo with the OpenTherm Gateway.

I bought the Lidl Motion Sensor and Window/Door Sensors and both worked.
Motion Sensor
Window/Door Sensor

But had to pair each device serveral times until it was finally successfull.

I’m using zigbee2mqtt and the Electrolama zig-a-zig-ah! (zzh!) usb stick
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/supported_adapters.html

Examples from the things and items files:

//Lidl HG06336
Thing mqtt:topic:Fensterkontakt_1 “Fensterkontakt Bad” @ “Bad” {
Channels:
Type number : battery “Battery” [stateTopic=“zigbee2mqtt/Fensterkontakt_1”, transformationPattern=“JSONPATH:$.battery” ]
Type switch : battery_low “Battery Low” [stateTopic=“zigbee2mqtt/Fensterkontakt_1”, transformationPattern=“JSONPATH:$.battery_low”, on=“true”, off=“false” ]
Type switch : contact “Contact” [stateTopic=“zigbee2mqtt/Fensterkontakt_1”, transformationPattern=“JSONPATH:$.contact”, on=“true”, off=“false” ]
Type number : linkquality “RSSI”[stateTopic=“zigbee2mqtt/Fensterkontakt_1”, transformationPattern=“JSONPATH:$.linkquality” ]
Type switch : tamper “Tamper” [stateTopic=“zigbee2mqtt/Fensterkontakt_1”, transformationPattern=“JSONPATH:$.tamper”, on=“true”, off=“false” ]
}

Items:

// Fensterkontakt Bad - Lidl HG06336
Number F_Bad_Battery “Batterie [%.1f %%]” { channel=“mqtt:topic:Fensterkontakt_1:battery” }
Switch F_Bad_Contact “Badfenster [%s]” { channel=“mqtt:topic:Fensterkontakt_1:contact” }
Switch F_Bad_Battery_Low “Battery Low [%s]” { channel=“mqtt:topic:Fensterkontakt_1:battery_low” }
Switch F_Bad_Tamper “Tamper [%s]” { channel=“mqtt:topic:Fensterkontakt_1:tamper” }
Number F_Bad_LinkQuality “RSSI [%d dBm]” { channel=“mqtt:topic:Fensterkontakt_1:linkquality” }

Has anyone tested the powerstrip ?

It won’t connect to the Hue Hub for sure. I have heard reports, that it will pair with the Amazon Echo, that has Zigbee build in, but then only lets you switch one socket. Not all three.

In essence the integration of the Tuya / Silverchrest Hub into OpenHAB would be the most userfriendly solution.

/M

Seems like conbee/deconz supports it as well changelog.en

I bought it but haven’t got much further than that. Since it follows the Zigbee standard I would assume it would work with e.g a Zigbee USB stick. I only have the Hue hub for now so I’ve only managed to connect the RGB LED strip.

I can confrom it works with Deconz Conbee II. Bought 2 of the EU smart plugs and works perfectly. Pairing with conbee using Phoscon app was super easy and fast.