LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

There was only a openhab v1 binding that isn’t supported. Either buy a gen2 hub or wait for me to integrate… I can’t tell you when that might be though.

Or you can buy a 433mhz transceiver for gen1 gear rfxcomm

Ahhh, okay, I thought that may be the case. Without spending £100+ on a new link I’ll keep an eye out on in the thread.

Appreciate the work you’re putting in! :grin:

What version of openhab are you running @halli-crazy

openHAB 3.0.0 installed on windows.
Looking at using a Raspberry Pi once I get my head around it all.

My advice:
Learn how to add things/items with files rather than ui.
Especially if your going to move platforms.
For instance: I have a backup of my conf folder where all my things/items/scripts etc are stored. If I fire up another instance of openhab I just install the necessary bindings and drop the folder in. Not sure about v3 but always had problems with v2 ui configs and moving them.

I may have a test for you later today… won’t have all the items added yet but can at least test the hub works.

Yeah, I was having a mooch around the directories and stuff, I’ll have a flick through a few tutorials and documents, but considering how new v3 is, there’s not too much around as of yet. Enjoying the new learning curve so far though!

Brilliant! The lightwave binding has appeared in the list but adding the account then scanning doesn’t result in anything being found in the list of the things.

Yeah it won’t do as gen1 links use a different api

So if someone could test that has a v1 hub and a trv and is running version 3…
@xela could you also spin up a v3 docker alex and test smart side as ive made quite a few changes to clean up and make faster - haven’t got v3 setup as of yet so unable to test myself - probably broke it :slight_smile:

org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.txt (164.4 KB)

• There’s no discovery at the moment
  • Only TRV setpoint should work - nothing else
  • You need to find out the roomid and serial number as described here under item configuration:
  • Then you need to define a things file as follows:
Bridge lightwaverf:1bridge:wifilink "Lightwave Link" @ "Other" 
[ipaddress="ipaddressofhubhere", register=true, pollingTime= 1000] {
1trv 	MyTRV	"My TRV" 	@ "Other"	[roomid="putroomidhere", serialno="putserialnumberhere"]
}

You should now be able to check the logs (all at info level) and send them back to me so I can see what’s going on within.

ps… if anyone has an old connect series hub and maybe a device too they would be willing to send to/loan me it would be most appreciated.

I’ve just tried the new file;
There are 2 bridge things, added the correct account details in each separately, and came up with these errors:

Status: OFFLINE CONFIGURATION_ERROR for lightwaverf:lightwaverfaccount:a9321029d6
And
Status: UNINITIALIZED HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR for lightwaverf:1bridge:d123a3ea2b

I don’t have a TRV so unable to test further anyway, but hope this helps? (or maybe I’m just doing something wrong :flushed: )

It’s the second one you need.
Can you send me the logs

Here you go. I removed and re-added the bridge binding.

events.log (1.1 KB) openhab.log (10.4 KB)

@xela fixed initial status updates (and yes i did break alot in that version above :slight_smile: :

org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-2.5.11-SNAPSHOT_202101261712.jar.txt (145.1 KB)

@halli-crazy having a look through your logs now. hopefully ill have something for you to test in a couple of hours. can you send me your things file so I can take a look. also, you will need to do the registration of the bridge as defined in the v1 addon docs above.

Just made a things file, however its not showing, Not sure i’ve done it right though :thinking:

KitchenRoof.thing.txt (209 Bytes)

Also, I’m unable to force the link to register like described in the v1 addons doc because the line it says to paste into shell returns an error ( command not found: nc)

Will give it a go now

yeah it looks right. ive made some changes though and will get a new version up for you to test hopefully tonight at some point

@halli-crazy get rid of your things file. delete anything left over.
add the binding. add the bridge through the ui, and set the ip address. monitor the log - a message will say you have 12 seconds to press the button to pair - do this.
then monitor and send me the logs.
if we are working, next step let me know what devices you have.
THIS VERSION ONLY HAS CONNECT SERIES PRESENT. i will merge once working

org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT_Connect_202101262140.jar.txt (89.1 KB)

Seems as though it’s not recognising that I’ve pressed the button. Tried 3 times, but I think the 1st time I was too slow.

lightwaverf:lightwaverfaccount:e509bcf7fc is “ONLINE”
lightwaverf:1bridge:df03c4a039 is “INITIALIZING”

Logs:
openhab.log (16.2 KB)
events.log (3.3 KB)

ill have a look tomorrow at some point.
no need to stop/start openhab btw. causing more issues with your ghost items/bindings as im assuming you deleted once you stopped it.

just keep it running. delete the jar. give it 10 seconds, then drop the new jar in. otherwise things are not disposed of correctly.

we are getting somewhere tho…

can you remove jar. stop openhab, clean cache, start openhab and delete any things (may have to force remove), stop openhab once its up (monitor log for when it calms down), start openhab, let it settle again, then add jar and send me the logs again once you have added the bridge.

Send me in a pm though so can keep this thread clear for main binding issues :+1:

One of my TRVs didn’t seem to take the update command this morning (had to be my office, luckily it warms up quick :slight_smile: )

When I updated again, I got the following (but it did update)

8:12:11.763 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'lw_OfficeHeating_targetTemperature' received command 20.0
08:12:11.769 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - lw_OfficeHeating_targetTemperature predicted to become 20.0
08:12:11.776 [ERROR] [rnal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.smart.handler.DeviceHandler@3dbc001a': For input string: "20.0"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "20.0"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:589) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:631) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.smart.handler.DeviceHandler.handleCommand(DeviceHandler.java:229) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor213.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy1620.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:74) [bundleFile:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor212.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_275]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_275]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_275]
08:12:13.519 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - lw_OfficeHeating_valveLevel changed from 10 to 20

@xela I know exactly what caused it. Will ping an updated version over later