LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

I can’t get my v3 running:

2021-01-18 20:48:34.158 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf [203]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.core
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

Try feature:install org.openhab.core.config.core from the console - could check it’s installed first.

I’ll make a v3 skeleton tomorrow, just made the modifications to the v2 binding today

Hmm… core.config.core… don’t sound right

Deleted the container and recreated, it’s loaded now

So sorry. I have cleared cache and removed and loaded the Jar file. Log doesnt change at any point

Have you tried to add an account thing? Does it show up?

@xela will probably be better assistance as I’ve not even looked at 3. Assuming it worked after you readded the container yesterday

Tried incrementing the name to get it to recognise it as a new binding but got the follwoing in the log:-

2021-01-19 15:02:20.062 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - A bundle with the same symbolic name (org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf) and version (3.0.0.202101181654) is already installed. Updating this bundle instead.

2021-01-19 15:04:30.663 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Failed to uninstall bundle: /usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT1.jar with id: 302. The bundle has already been uninstalled

2021-01-19 15:05:14.752 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘hue:0210:ecb5fa3171c8:19’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE: Hue bridge reports light as not reachable.

2021-01-19 15:05:30.621 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘hue:0210:ecb5fa3171c8:19’ changed from OFFLINE: Hue bridge reports light as not reachable. to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE)

2021-01-19 15:04:30.663 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Failed to uninstall bundle: /usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT1.jar with id: 302. The bundle has already been uninstalled

Yeah, having a quick look today something isn’t quite right, even when loaded and working, it doesn’t show in the interface as a binding, yet my things are there (configured through file) and if I try and add a thing it shows the binding in the list there.

Mine also didnt load the binding until I restarted openhab, but that might be my setup as it wouldnt read the things file without a restart either

I’ll try and get the skeleton created tonight.

I have managed to get the lwrf things to appear in Openhab3, on config though its looking for the device id. Got a device id from looking at the source on my LW web app, … thing stays in initialising. Used wireshark to find the R9D2 value of the switch Im trying to use, but this too causes the thing to continue at initialising. Any thoughts ?

Just thought I’d ask… you are using a link plus hub (smart series) and not a v1 hub (connect series)?

If so… add your account thing with the username / password, then run discovery and add the things that way, and it will automatically find the deviceIds

I still have the Gen 1 controller, but have the gen 2 being delivered today.

thats why it doesnt work :slight_smile:
gen1 equipment will still work when paired with the gen2 hub though - although i may have to add in device support depending on what you have.
I havent added native gen1 support as of yet, I will do, just havn’t had the chance and most people use a 433mhz bridge for them anyhow.

Thanks Dave, it works great with the new hub. It seems as though it would have worked with Gen 1 if I could have got the device id’s … everything else looked right. Thanks For your help

1 Like

Glad to hear it, on v3 too?
What devices do you have so I can mark them as working… (model codes ideal)

Won’t work with gen1 hub as different cloud/local connection/api

I have, 4 gen 1 Double sockets, 1 Gen1 single socket , 1 small relay, 3 large relays, all gen 1. Sorry, dont have model mumbers.

Everything works though yeah…

Working great thanks

Just added gen 1 LWRF power monitor also, works a treat.

Hey,
Completely new to OpenHab & also having issues with Lightwave RF on OH3.
Read through the thread, however, I’m still not seeing the Lightwave RF binding or any things appear.

I have a Gen1 Lightwave Link (not plus/Gen2) and Gen1 single and double dimmers.
Reading through the logs, all that shows up of significance is the following after removing the .jar file:

2021-01-23 21:02:08.696 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Failed to uninstall bundle: C:\openHAB\addons\org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT1.jar with id: 278. The bundle has already been uninstalled.

I’m unsure how to add an account thing either. :grimacing:

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?
Cheers.

This binding won’t work with the Gen1 hub, I believe there might be another one that supports the Gen1?