LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

Latest version moved to websockets for updates and commands. no more long polling.

** REMOVED: org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-2.5.11-SNAPSHOT_websocket20210105_1705.jar.txt **

Another new one, cleaned up code alot. may need to clean cache on this one if you get wierd behaviour.

org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-2.5.11-SNAPSHOT_websocket20210106_1757.jar.txt (82.8 KB)

Hi, Im new to this and have downloaded openhab 3. Can this Binding be used in 3 and if so, how do I get it to pick it up. I have copied the Jar file into the addons folder, but cant seem to get 3 to pick it up ? Thanks

Hi Sam

I believe it only supports 2.5.11 at the moment, the upgrade to 3 breaks a lot of the dependencies.

Alex

Many thanks Alex, I may downgrade to 2.5.11 in that case.

Thanks

I should have a version for you to test shortly. Just dealing with a null pointer error on the new build system.

@sam070266 try this and let me know (untested)

org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.txt (89.3 KB)

just remove the txt extension (cant upload .jar here)

1 Like

Hi. I have done that and saved it in the addons folder. It isnt appearing in the existing bindings or those that can be added. I did say I was a beginner, :slight_smile: is there something else I need to do ?

Mmm… I’m not familiar with 3 as haven’t used at all.
I’ll fire up a build tomorrow to have a look.

Have a look in the logs (userdata/logs/openhab.log) to see if there’s anything present.

Many thanks. there is no logs directory in userdata in this build. I’ll find out where they are these days and take a look

If your running on a pi then you can use the log viewer on port 9001

Thanks Dave, no mention of lightwave at all, just references to Phillps Hue and a couple re my sonos network

Watch it whilst you remove the jar and then when you re-add it. See if anything comes up

Also, not sure how you add ‘things’ on v3 but see if it shows up there when you have to select what you want to add

I’ll fire up my v3 instance in about 20-30 mins, see what it does

1 Like

Knew you’d have a docker at hand :joy:

Will look more at v3 soon as want to move myself at some point but working on Sonoff binding at present so I tied up getting that ready for deployment

How’s the websocket been performing @xela… seems to be behaving here. Have noticed though I don’t think it receives the link plus updates…

I’ve had no issues at all, I’ve restarted the link plus, killed the connection on the docker and so far so good.

Does it do a regular poll just in case it does miss an update?

No mention on removal or on reloading the jar file. Interested in the Sonnof binding too as I have my blinds operating via ewelink. Cheers

It doesn’t, should just restart the websocket. I will add this in at some point on connection loss.

I’ve put a jar up to collect item types:

Again it’s only 2.5.11 atm tho.

OK, added again and got the following in the log:-

2021-01-18 20:37:56.027 [WARN ] [ig.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker] - The XML document ‘/OH-INF/thing/d21.xml’ in module ‘org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf’ could not be parsed:

com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createReader(StaxDriver.java:124) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1334) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1288) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

at org.openhab.core.config.xml.util.XmlDocumentReader.readFromXML(XmlDocumentReader.java:106) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.parseDocuments(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:396) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:382) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:347) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: java.io.IOException: /var/lib/openhab/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/302/1/bundleFile

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.setInputSource(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:240) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.<init>(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:210) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl.createXMLStreamReader(XMLInputFactoryImpl.java:143) ~[?:?]

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createParser(StaxDriver.java:234) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createReader(StaxDriver.java:110) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

... 12 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: /var/lib/openhab/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/302/1/bundleFile

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleEntry$ZipBundleEntryInputStream.enrichExceptionWithBaseFile(ZipBundleEntry.java:190) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleEntry$ZipBundleEntryInputStream.read(ZipBundleEntry.java:153) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.readAndBuffer(XMLEntityManager.java:3026) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:704) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1398) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1349) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:256) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.setInputSource(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:225) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.<init>(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:210) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl.createXMLStreamReader(XMLInputFactoryImpl.java:143) ~[?:?]

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createParser(StaxDriver.java:234) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createReader(StaxDriver.java:110) ~[bundleFile:1.4.13]

... 12 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Stream closed

at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.ensureOpen(InflaterInputStream.java:68) ~[?:?]

at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:122) ~[?:?]

at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:83) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.bundlefile.ZipBundleEntry$ZipBundleEntryInputStream.read(ZipBundleEntry.java:151) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.readAndBuffer(XMLEntityManager.java:3026) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:704) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1398) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1349) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:256) ~[?:?]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.setInputSource(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:225) ~[?:?]

... 12 more

Must be some eclipse hangovers there. Give me 20

Hold on…

You added the 2.5.11 version…
I think you need to clean the cache… google will tell you how.

Then you can re add the 3 version and monitor log.

Lol, just went through and checked the whole binding as well. :roll_eyes: