Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener Will Not Operate

I have a Linear GD00Z Garage Door controller. It shows up in habmin as a NGD00Z-4. When I use the Paper UI or Habmin to link to the various channels, nothing seems to work. I have had no problem adding it to my network, but I cannot control it, nor will it update with the proper open close status. Here is what it shows up as in Habmin. I have also included the xml file. I have tried everything I can think of, granted I am still relatively new to openhab, and have been unsuccessful in making this item work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

node31.xml (2.4 KB)

Not sure, but it seems to me that this is a secure Z-Wave device.
Are you using: OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY ?
Also: Which version of OH2 are you running? (Stable, Snapshot)

I am using OH2 Snapshot. I have included the device using network wide inclusion, and secure inclusion mode is set to “Entry Control Devices”.

Ok. Just to check if the binding is loaded correctly (I don’t have other ideas of what can be wrong here):
What is the output of the following command in openHAB2 console:

openhab> list -s |grep Z
201 | Active   |  80 | 2.1.0.201705311713     | ZWave Binding                                          | org.openhab.binding.zwave
openhab>

(example shown above is for the non-secure Z-Wave)

Here is the output I get:

-bash: Active: command not found
-bash: 80: command not found
-bash: 2.1.0.201705311713: command not found
-bash: 201: command not found
-bash: ZWave: command not found
-bash: org.openhab.binding.zwave: command not found

Sorry…
To enter in openHAB2 console:

ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101

with password: habopen

If you are on a Raspberry Pi, logged in as pi user, you will need to use sudo in front (or switch to root first with sudo su)

I cannot get any of those commands to work. I am using a raspberry pi running openhabian. Sorry, I am really new to this. I am logged into the openhabian console, but cannot get the commands to show me any data?

nothing happens when you issue in the bash shell (openHABian console) the following:

sudo ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101

?
The first time, it may take some seconds (10-20) to respond with the password prompt.

After you enter in the openHAB2 console, issue the following command: list -s |grep Z

Sorry, I am with you now. Here is the output from the command.

199 | Active | 80 | 2.1.0.201705311713 | ZWave Binding | org.openhab.binding.zwave

I think that this is not the Secure Z-Wave Binding.
This seems to me that this is the latest “regular” snapshot binding (I will double check also)

Did you follow the installation instructions here: OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

You need to copy the network key (use HABmin), delete your Z-Wave things (PaperUI), uninstall the Z-Wave binding (PaperUI) and then install the new *.jar file manually.

Let me know if you need help with any of the above :slight_smile:

Yup… I was right…
The latest Z-Wave Binding with Security has the following version:

After you install it manually (download: The jar and place it in /var/share/openhab2/addons/), execute the following in openHAB2 console: feature:install openhab-transport-serial

You will see the following with the list -s |grep Z command in the OH2 console:

211 | Active   |  80 | 2.1.0.201705281057     | ZWave Binding                                          | org.openhab.binding.zwave

Ok that makes sense. This is the first entry style device that I have installed. My next question is: how to do I manually install the correct zwave binding? I have never done this, and up until now, I have been using paper UI to install any bindings etc… I also should add, I am new to linux as well. I have learned a lot, but as you can probably tell, I’m still pretty green. Thanks for your help.

First of all (since you have already included secure devices): keep a copy of your network key
You can find the Network Security Key in
PaperUI -> Configuration -> Things -> Controller -> Edit -> Show More
or
HABmin -> Configuration -> Things -> Controller -> Z-Wave Network Settings

Then, go to PaperUI and remove all Z-Wave things (including the controller at the end). No need to exclude devices from the Z-Wave network… just delete the things from PaperUI.

Then, uninstall the “standard” Z-Wave binding from PaperUI (do not re-install it from PaperUI !)

Back to the openHABian console (Linux bash shell) now for the manual installation of the binding:

cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons/
wget "http://www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"

Login to the OH2 console and:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

Hop onto PaperUI, re-introduce your controller (put back the Network Security Key), scan for things and configure them as usual.