Linear HUSBZB-1

(Mike Bagdanoff) #41

Got it working yay! I have a bunch of old SmartThings devices that have been languishing and now at least the 3 plug in outlets have been put to use. I’m looking forward to being able to get the motion sensors and door sensors added too, though from what I’ve read they aren’t added yet.

(Bart) #42

I’m looking for the best solution to have Z-Wave and Zigbee in one go - the Linear HUSBZB-1 looks perfect. The product page does indicate the Z-Wave frequency to be the USA variant. Is there a European variant? Does this mean everybody on this thread lives in the USA? It’s weird I can’t find any indications on this :neutral_face:

(Scott Rushworth) #43

From the Operation Manual, the HUSBZB-1 uses 908.42 MHz / 916 MHz for zwave (yep… I’m in the USA!).

(Shaq) #44

What about the newer xiaomi aqara zigbee sensors?

Would they be compatible?

(Chris Jackson) #45

Are they REALLY ZigBee? The current Xiaomi sensors are not 100% ZigBee compatible.

(Paul Muldoon) #46

I just found out about this device and ordered one. It will serve as a back up zwave stick at the least, but…

For the ZigBee. Would anyone know what ZigBee Standard it is using? Is it ZigBee 3.0? Or Using ZigBee HA or ZigBee Light Link?

I would like to possibly try and pair the stick to my Osram Lightify RGBW recessed lights if possible.

(Chris Jackson) #47

It’s using (from memory) 5.4 of the Silabs stack which will be ZigBee-Pro.

Shouldn’t be a problem - the binding is being used with a number of devices and I’ve tested against a number of different Osram bulbs.

Device Description
Busch-Jaeger 6711 Relay Insert
Busch-Jaeger 6735 Control Element (1-channel)
Busch-Jaeger 6735/01 Control Element (1-channel, battery-operated)
Busch-Jaeger 6736 Control Element (2-channel)
GE Bulbs
Hue Bulbs Color LED Bulb
Hue Motion Sensor Motion and Luminance sensor
Innr Bulbs note1
Osram Bulbs
SmartThings Plug Metered Plug
SmartThings Motion Sensor CentraLite 3325-S Motion and Temperature sensor
SmartThings Contact Sensor Contact and Temperature sensor
Tradfri Bulbs
Tradfri Motion Sensor
Trust Bulbs note1
Ubisys modules D1 Dimmer, S1/S2 Switch modules

(Paul Muldoon) #48

@5iver and @Mike_Bagdanoff

I’m having the same issue as I believe Mike is. I’ve backed up my Aeon Gen5 stick with their software. And then have tried restoring the backup on to the Linear Zstick to no success.

I have the drivers correctly installed for the Linear on a Windows 10 machine. And I have made 3 separate backups, they all show the same size. The restore always says successful, yet zensys tools never shows the nodes.

Can you explain a little how to use zentools to do the shift? I Think it means setting up the Linear as a secondary controller to ‘copy’ the nodes over and then set it to a primary?

(Paul Muldoon) #49

Success is the transfer. I was unable to get the Aeon Backup software to do a restore to the LInear Zstick. But the controller ‘shift’ was pretty easy.

For anyone else, there is some good instructions by @higgers here:

Essentially, your adding your new controller as as Node on your existing Gen5 controller creating a secondary controller. Then you do a ‘shift’ to make the Linear the primary and the Gen5 the secondary. Then after that you set the Linear to be Node 1.

When I was done, I actually then just restored by backup file back to my Gen5 stick, and is not my current backup.

I put the new Linear back into OH2 running in a VM on ESXi. Needed to change the port in Habmin to the new setting ( ttyUSB0 for me) and then all nodes in OH2 popped back up online.

Now I’m off to installing the zigbee binding and trying to pair an osram rgb bulb.