LSC Smart Connect/Tuya binding

Hi,

I just tried it out this week. And everything is working just fine.
Do you have a sample Thing configuration file? I prefer to work with config files and not PaperUI.

Kind Regards
Tim

Hi Tim,

You could also use the Thing configuration file indeed. Examples:

tuya:colorled:lamp1        [ id="xxxxxx1", key="yyyyy1" ]
tuya:filamentled:lamp2     [ id="xxxxxx2", key="yyyyy2" ]

Where xxxxxn is the device Id (or gw Id), and yyyyn is the local Key. Optionally, you can also specify the IP address with ip=“a.b.c.d”, but I would not recommend that.

@wvissers
Hi
1- Just want to thank you very much.
In fact I flash my LSC filament led with Tasmota.
BUT the SMART LED colored version is now using Realtek RTL8710BN Wi-Fi SOC instead of ESP82xx
So my filamentled were flashed with Tasmota but not my color one…
You saved me !
So thanks a lot !

The price of this lamps are so low instead of other and I think they are good !
In France we buy this lamps in the market named “Action”.

Please propose this binding for a next version of openHAB ! :sunglasses:

2- After reading all the post you said that the flashing is the best method.
Maybe for the hold versions of Tuya. Not the last.
I did that for many lamps with Tasmota, it was fine. But many others can’t be flashed due to different component.
In Tasmota logs you have :
“this device does not use an ESP82xx and therefore cannot install ESP based firmware”
And Tasmota confirm they will never include this in new versions…
Only your binding works !
So your work is important for the community Please don’t stop it ! :pleading_face:

3- The last point. I don’t know why in each restart of openHAB it’s necessary to push your jar add-on manually. Is there a way exists not having this trouble ?

Thanks

@w8_17
Hi
If you flash, take care of the versions of the products LSC ! Some are not possible !

Hi,

After a few days of running smoothly, it stopped working. How can I debug the problem?
I’m not really an openhab expert. So anything you can help me with to restore?
Seems that the Thing is loosing communication with the devices.

Kind Regards
Tim

Hi
For me a specific binding for tuya is the best way as long as it’s maintained…
You have another way, it’s to use MQTT but the configuration is more difficult !
Have a look there : MQTT for tuya
Best regards
MacLeod

Hi @MacLeod I discontinued development because I couldn’t get the instability fixed satisfactory.
Best regards
Wim

Hi @Tim_D_haeyer

I experienced the same issue with several devices. It seems that the tuya devices refuses connections almost at random. The binding tries to reconnect when it looses connection, but this fails frequently. Sometimes restarting openHAB solves it for some time. But to be honest I found it not reliable enough to continue working with it.

Best regards
Wim

it’s a shame. I was looking forward to a stable binding :frowning:

Hi @MacLeod as the binding is not stable enough at this time I won’t propose it for the next version of openHAB.

I agree to your point of course that flashing is not always possible, if the device doesn’t use the ESP82xx family SOC. I’m happy to continue development if I knew a way to increase the stability. If anybody has ideas how to improve it I would like to know.

I’ve seen reactions that people copy the jar every time. That should not be necessary though. I restarted openHAB all the time (I use it in a docker container on an Intel based NAS) without copying the jar again. Sometimes it takes several minutes for the binding to stabilize, but I don’t have to copy it every time after a restart.

Finally got the time to flash my filament lamps with the tasmota firmware.
Wow, that’s easy peasy to do. I used a RPI 3B+

Thanks for sharing this @wvissers

Hello,

thanks for work!
Please let us know if door sensors, pir sensors from tuya also works with this binding?
Smth like these

Thanks!

Hi @thisisIO. The LSC sensors unfortunately don’t work with this binding. The sensors are not online all the time, as they are battery operated. Actually, I think a connection to the Tuya Cloud service is necessary for those devices to integrate.

Thanks a lot!
And what about this tuya not battery operated device - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07VW8D7PB?pf_rd_p=8997cce2-05c4-4359-bdb7-10e52332d836&pf_rd_r=368NAYJVVPX6STASX112
Is there a way?

Wim, I have Ginee bulbs, switch and they work with your addon but sometimes they don’t work and specially if I restart my openhab they show OFFLINE-CONFIGURATION_PENDING on paperui Things so i have to move your file out of addon folder and move it back and then they go online again. Could you help me fix that?

Hi @wvissers,

Do you know if this binding works with tuya thermostat?

Best Regards,
Fernando Gomes

1 Like

Hi @wvissers,

Any idea how I could add the sensor input for the Tuya garage opener? The things works as a switch, but I think I would need a second channel for the sensor input.

Is it working with Openhab 3? I tried to istall it per the jar file in addon directory but even after restart i can not add a Tuya thing. Tuya Binding will not show up.

Got the following error:

2021-04-04 14:14:11.033 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.tuya-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tuya [246]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

@MerlinChiodo
This binding never got to a official release. That was almost 1,5 year ago. It’s not been updated since then. So if it works it works, but you can better look for a alternative solution, as there were a lot of stability issues.

Do you have an Amazon echo? Do your lights work with Alexa?
If so, try using smart home devices feature of the echo binding. I got a couple Sunco spot light bulbs and use this method and it works great