Maintainer for ImperiHAB (Imperihome binding)

Nice one - looking forward to it!

Got this pretty much working now, setup is like

Number nThermostat_SetPoint
{
imperihab=ā€œroom:Living,label:Thermostat,curmodeid:sThermostat_CurMode,currentTempId:nAverage_Temperature,minVal:18,maxVal:28,availableModes:Off-Auto-Cool-Heatā€
}
String sThermostat_CurMode
Number nAverage_Temperature

so you put the binding on the target/setpoint temperature. then you MUST specify the currentmode item (Off, Auto, Cool, Heat etc), and you also MUST specify the current temperature item (for me this is the average temperature around my house).

Still built against the 1.7 openhab code (but im using it fine on 1.8). Just giving you guys a update. Should have something released this weekend.

Hi John,
That looks goodā€¦i have those entries in my items file for my home built Heater Controller. :wink:

Iā€™ll await your new jar !

Greg

k, uploaded beta 2 to same old google group. Havent had a chance to upgrade the source to 1.9, so still built against 1.7 (but works with 1.8)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/openhab/TWrvCd1fens/mO83ymI772sJ

added DevThermostat, DevCamera and temp unit support for F. (install instructions included in the beta2 zip)

Hi @john ,
Thermostat device is working on 1.8.1 - Nice one! Ill need to change how my controller works, but thats cool, you have done the all important presentation layer!..

Cheers,
Greg

Hello iā€™m looking for alarm servlet ā€¦
I read on the group "Attached is the first alpha."
Does anyone have this version , or where i can get it.
Thanks in advance.

@lowca - ive not used the alarm servlet, but i would imagine the functionality remains in the latest version. Have you tried it?

ImperiHAB is still available on the old forum

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/openhab/TWrvCd1fens/mO83ymI772sJ

The latest version of writing is beta03. It sill has the alarm in it (Iā€™m using this daily).

The url to the alarm is http(s)://[openhab]/imperihab/alarm

Thereā€™s install instructions for the alarm in the download zip. If you need help just shout out.

Is it possible to get a ā€œselectā€ list menu in imperihome/hab? I currently use 3 widget slots to select either ā€œHomeā€ ā€œAwayā€ or ā€œSleepā€ for my alarm configuration and it would be nice to just have a dropdown/select list or similar.

Can anyone confirm or show their settings in controlling an rgb bulb in imperihab?

I can turn the light on/off and dim it, but can you control the color?

I can confirm RGB lights do not work, well you cant set the colour. If you add a ticket at http://github.com/revenz/openhab Ill do it in the next release (otherwise I might forget)

Gday John.
Just wondering if youā€™ve made any progress on OH2 ?

Cheers,
Greg

Got a newbie question regarding openhab and github. I am running openhab on a raspberry pi and I need to add the Imperihome binding. Being that i have not used gihub before, how do I add the binding? I found the link on the google group and downloaded the openhab-master zip file. Iā€™m at a loss of what to do from there. Thanks for the helpā€¦

Don

If you have the zip file from the old google groups there should be both a jar file and insrtuctions on the setup within the zip file

yeah, a buddy of mine at work pointed out me being blind and not seeing the actual imperihab zip file next to the screenshots in his postā€¦ Thanks for the reply. Now time to have some fun.

Its been a few weeks and wanted to check back on any OH2 status. Any possible update?

@john Thanks for picking this up. As with many here, in the process of migrating from Vera to OH2.

I tried getting Beta3 up and running on OH2 prior to finding this thread. If it helps to debug, I got the following error in my log file:

2016-05-01 16:00:16.662 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.imperihab ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.imperihab
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.imperihab [176]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.persistence.extensions

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]

Let me know any ways I can help with debugging this.

I posted a question in a separate thread. Donā€™t know if any of the experts in this thread has seen it. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or if this would be an enhancement?

Thanks,

Danny

Also working on my migration from Vera. the one thing I cant get ImperiHome to display is my Aeon HEM2 power use. its shows up in the devices JSON via a weeb browser but IH doesnā€™t display any numbers and only a ā€œ?ā€

{"id":"HEM_P0","name":"Total Power","type":"DevElectricity","room":"DDC","params":[
	{"key":"ConsoTotal","value":"1508.243","unit":"kWh","graphable":true}
]},

Thoughts?

Does anoyone know if the binding is still being maintained and working in OH2 or not?