MapDB fails to install on OH3.0.1

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Synology 920+
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK 16
    • openHAB version: 3.0.1

Hi

I’m not able to install the MapDB persistence service. In the Basic UI it gets stuck saying “Installing…” and I get the following error in the log:

13:58:10.721 [ERROR] [.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-persistence-mapdb’: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.persistence.mapdb/3.0.1

I checked for an existing mapdb.persist file, in case that was causing a problem, but couldn’t see one.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please read the installation prerequisites, oh3 requires Java11 (Zulu11), no lower or higher version supported.

Some months ago now, the bintray repository was closed. You need to move to 3.0.2

2 Likes

Actually, I’m really not sure which Java version I have as this has become much more difficult with DSM 7.0 on the Synology. I spent several hours trying to figure this out, but didn’t get there (“java -version” in

From the UI Help & About then click Technical Information.

1 Like

Moving to 3.0.2 has fixed it. It took me most of yesterday and a few hours this morning as I got caught out by the Portainer OPENHAB_VERSION variable issue reported elsewhere. Deleting and creating a fresh container has worked.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks - I missed that. Mine reads the same as yours.