Marantz/Denon binding in OH3 - "IO error while connecting to AVR: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Total timeout 5000 ms elapsed"

I have a Marantz NR1506 AVR that worked just fine with OH2, using HTTP control.

But since upgrading to OH3 I can’t turn the AVR on from OpenHab. The Thing shows as Offline with:

COMMUNICATION_ERROR

IO error while connecting to AVR: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Total timeout 5000 ms elapsed

shown at the head of the page. The AVR is enabled for Network Control always, and I can still ping and use the built-in web control. So it’s definitely still accessible.

What gives?

Same issue here with Denon AVR3311. Any clue?

Andrea

@Gooman I’ve solved using Telnet port

I have the same issue after updating to OH3.1 - when I was on OH3.0 it worked fine.
I have a rule that turns on the receiver when the TV is turned on and this still works, so I’m not sure what the error is about.

Hi All,
I have the same issue with OH3.1, is there any solution?
Thanks

Unfortunately the HTTP function for this binding is broken as of OH 3.1. This has been discussed here DenonMarantz Binding broken after update to OH3.1 and shortly after OH3.1 was released I submitted a ticket on Git to have it corrected but thus far nothing has been done. I don’t think my ticket has even been looked at by the maintainers. I recently resubmitted with the hope it would get some attention before 3.2 is released, but Im not optimistic about that happening. Changes were made to the binding in OH3.1 to allow Telnet to run in its own thread pool and coincident with that change HTTP was broken. The only options I am aware of are to live with limited HTTP functionality in 3.x, revert back to 2.5.x or use Remote OpenHAB binding to link 2.5.x to 3.x. With the popularity of Denon/Marantz AVRs it is a puzzle to me as why this issue has persisted and not been addressed, but the fact is it has not.